Bissell copycat cleaning solution?

Any ideas on a homemade substitute for the Little Green Clean Machine cleaner? Or should I play it safe and spend the bucks?
I just use the stuff (MUCH cheaper) that is intended for carpet cleaners. Bottle lasts a LONG time. Whatever it is that is used in the rental stuff -- comes in a red bottle. Seems to work find. Fabric is fabric, but as usual, try it on some spot where you can't see it first.

Yay,
mk5000
"She likes rock 'n' roll, You want rock 'n' roll, I need rock 'n' roll, Everyday, and through the night"--acdc