Best way to remove lint from clothes?

What's the best way to remove lint from clothes?

I'd just wash 'em. -Tock

Doesn't always work - and doesn't touch the silk left behind by clothes moth larv. It's extremely tenacious. A very stiff brush after washing is required - often followed by a bit of invisible mending if you didn't catch the larv quick enough!
Idiot No. 1: "I've got more moths in my house than you have!! Look at this coat!!"
Idiot No. 2: "I don't like your 'Holeyer than Thou' attitude!"

Wrap celophane tape around your fingers so the sticky side is out. Pat the lint off. Renew the tape as necessary.
Smee

Likewise masking tape, the wider the better.
For serious removals, you can also double-back the tape on its roll so you have a nice 5-inch diameter sticky roller. I do that at work sometimes whenever I make a mess in my cube.
Don
Don K wrote:

You shed a lot?
The lint-rollers are a buck at the dollar store. I've never been happy with the tape-around-the-hand method, but I don't have enough lint to invest a buck in removing it. Maybe if I save up...
--
Cheers, Bev
===================================

Only in the summer. Once in a while though, I'll drop a container of 0406 chip capacitors or something similar, that blends into the industrial carpeting. The masking tape roll does a good job recovering them.

I just raid the stationery cabinet for masking tape.
Don
The Real Bev wrote:

What about using clear packaging tape? There's a lot of tape on a $1-2 roll. Or would it be too aggressive?
gamer wrote:

Makes no sense to pull your punches with lint. Give it an inch...
I hate clear packing tape. It's a bitch to prise up a corner with your fingernail without splitting the cheap stuff, it slips back and sticks to the roll if you aren't super careful, and it sticks to itself WAYYY too easily. It's nice and strong, though, which is the only thing that keeps it alive.
--
Cheers, Bev
===================================
The Real Bev wrote:

Good point. I use such tape frequently for packaging where I have a nice "industrial" dispenser that a mover left behind. Makes it real easy to use.
gamer wrote:

I have one of those too, but it never seems to work properly. Fluff gets stuck to the exposed tape, it folds back on itself sometimes, and the tape wrinkles before the pusher-downer-thingy has a chance to do its job.
--
Cheers, Bev
The Real Bev wrote:

You may need to move up a grade (thickness) on the tape. From your description, the tape is curling from being of a thin grade / too much tension in the winding process - typically for the cheapest / unbranded grades.

There's this.
http://freespace.virgin.net/cur.avon/kitsch_gallery/correct_size_pc_site_versions/household/mini_brush_doc.html
I had one and, in spite of what they say, it worked a treat.
Another way is to wrap Sellotape/Scotch Tape/Durex around your flattened hand sticky-side outwards and use that.
(Durex is the Aussie version of Sellotape BTW ;o)