Best way to clean caked up dust on silicone beads?

I tried cleaning the dust off the silicone beading on top of my baseboards in my bathrooms and the normal dust cleaning with Swiffer mitten doesn't seem to work at all.

I noticed that the dust accumulated in the bathrooms seem caked up, probably due to the humidity in the bathrooms, although we do leave the bathroom fans on most of the time until we go to sleep.

Has anyone found a good cleaning agent to effectively clean the caked up dust found as mentioned above so as not to ruin the finish on the baseboards and the paint on the wall, or an effective method?

Thanks for your time and courtesy.

Reply to
Holy Crikey

I use a very low tech method and wipe it off with toilet paper (moistened if needed) just after taking a shower when it has already been moistened by the steam.

--Betsy

Reply to
betsy

Ahhh, yes, right after a shower would be when the dirt would become more wipeable. Great idea. I'll give it a try. Thanks!!

Reply to
Holy Crikey