Best way to clean blinds

This is a test reply, please disregard it! [IMG]

contains a test picture, disregard that, too!

Reply to
tester999

This is not a test group. Please make way for serious home cleaning posts.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Thank you, Mrs. Bonk. I've found that it's usually the liftcord or the liftcord mechanism that wears out. I prevent unnecessary wear by removing the liftcords.

This makes cleaning a cinch. When I spot a dirty slat, I slide it out, bend it unto a circle, and put it in the washer tub. Afterwards, I wipe it with a towel rather than put it in the dryer.

Reply to
j Burns

I have plastic blinds in my kitchen. They cost a fiver about 15 years ago. They are still as new. I remove them now and again to the outside path and throw a bucket of hot soapy water over them then scrub with my broom, hang on the line and hose down.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I'm sure hanging in the line is relaxing, but before you put the hose down I think you should turn the water off. Call me Mr. Environmentalist, but I think you shouldn't waste water.

Reply to
j Burns

I am on a water meter. There is little wastage at my house. I recycle my bath water, have water savers in my cisterns and various other ways of saving. My bill has dropped considerably since having the meter fitted.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

It would drop even more if you could remember to shut it off when you drop the hose. Then you wouldn't have to drink out of the tub.

Please don't think that in offering you guidance I am finding fault with you. As a former beauty-contest judge, I find intelligence an unattractive quality in women. I must say I find you _extremely_ attractive. Do you Skype?

Reply to
j Burns

I am not so thick as to be unable to use a killfile. I do not Skype, nor do I Facetime. Now sir, please leave me alone and stop following me all over Usenet.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Now that I'm killfiled, I can speak frankly. Folks, I'd like to apologize for Mrs. Bonk. She begs for serious home cleaning posters such as myself, then tries to run us off. This forum was the internet's intellectual Mecca before she took over.

Reply to
j Burns