Best way to clean blinds

--

What do you consider to be the best way to clean blinds. They are generally low
maintenance and can last really long if cleaned regularly. Want to know what all
replying to houseofblinds, tester999 wrote:

This is a test reply, please disregard it! click to open the full size version of the image It contains a test picture, disregard that, too!
On 07/03/2013 05:53, tester999 wrote:

This is not a test group. Please make way for serious home cleaning posts.
On 3/7/13 6:18 AM, Mrs Bonk wrote:

Thank you, Mrs. Bonk. I've found that it's usually the liftcord or the liftcord mechanism that wears out. I prevent unnecessary wear by removing the liftcords.
This makes cleaning a cinch. When I spot a dirty slat, I slide it out, bend it unto a circle, and put it in the washer tub. Afterwards, I wipe it with a towel rather than put it in the dryer.
On 09/03/2013 04:31, j Burns wrote:

I have plastic blinds in my kitchen. They cost a fiver about 15 years ago. They are still as new. I remove them now and again to the outside path and throw a bucket of hot soapy water over them then scrub with my broom, hang on the line and hose down.
On 3/9/13 9:41 PM, Mrs Bonk wrote:

I'm sure hanging in the line is relaxing, but before you put the hose down I think you should turn the water off. Call me Mr. Environmentalist, but I think you shouldn't waste water.
On 10/03/2013 08:02, j Burns wrote:

I am on a water meter. There is little wastage at my house. I recycle my bath water, have water savers in my cisterns and various other ways of saving. My bill has dropped considerably since having the meter fitted.
On 3/10/13 6:37 AM, Mrs Bonk wrote:

It would drop even more if you could remember to shut it off when you drop the hose. Then you wouldn't have to drink out of the tub.
Please don't think that in offering you guidance I am finding fault with you. As a former beauty-contest judge, I find intelligence an unattractive quality in women. I must say I find you _extremely_ attractive. Do you Skype?
On 10/03/2013 16:36, j Burns wrote:

I am not so thick as to be unable to use a killfile. I do not Skype, nor do I Facetime. Now sir, please leave me alone and stop following me all over Usenet.
On 3/10/13 6:15 PM, Mrs Bonk wrote:

Now that I'm killfiled, I can speak frankly. Folks, I'd like to apologize for Mrs. Bonk. She begs for serious home cleaning posters such as myself, then tries to run us off. This forum was the internet's intellectual Mecca before she took over.