Best for cleaning laminate floors.

Hi all,

I have just had a new tile effect laminate floor laid in my kitchen. What is the best way to wash it? I have a few little dogs and want to use something safe for them.

Reply to
Evelyn Usher

I use a Swiffer on my laminate for quick dusting. I use the Dirt Devil Swiffer-Vac that is available now at Odd Lots/Big Lots for about $12 because the packaging has changed (normal price is about $35) Before that I just used a Swiffer mop, Swiffer mop head with a microfiber cloth, or a soft broom. To clean, I use a steam mop. This is completely safe for your pets because it only uses water. I have the Eureka deluxe steam mop. Bissell and several other companies make steam mops. If you don't want to go that route, just use some white vinegar. In fact, some laminate makers recommend vinegar. I like to use micro cloths on my laminate if I "wet" mop or hand scrub them. You really shouldn't get them very wet - no standing water for sure.

Reply to
Vox Humana

There are only four things that you can use on your floors to keep them clean: Your hands and knees.

Reply to
win-ho-lee

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaay late. I use a microfiber mop I bought at the State Fair a few years ago. It just uses water. I wring the behoogies out of it when I use it on my laminate or on my wood floors. It cleans fabulously. I don't wring it quite so much when I use it on the linoleum. I've pretty much pitched all the stuff I used to use on my floors, other than the Swiffer wet mop stuff which I use on the floor of my laundry room which is also the cat box room. My cats miss a lot.

TammyM

Reply to
TammyM