Best cleaner for copper bottom pans?

What does one use, that doesn't require an all day session to clean the copper bottoms off pots and pans? Mary

Reply to
M D

cut a lemon in half and sprinkle salt on the open cut. rub the cut end on the copper. Be sure to rinse when you're done.

Reply to
Mystified One

Wet with vinegar, sprinkle on table salt, rub with a damp sponge, rinse. There are commercial cleaners, although most are abrasive.

Reply to
Phisherman

I seem to recall tomato soup shining up the copper on a pot my mother would cook it in. When she'd pour the soup into bowls, some always dripped down the outside of the pot.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I took the vinegar and salt 1 step further and used a Brillo pad afterwards which seems to shine them up very nicely! Thanks for the tips all!!! Mary

Reply to
M D

I use bar keepers friend. It comes like a cleanser & sold in grocery stores. it really shines them up good. Also use this on my stainless sink. Wylladene

Reply to
~~WILLIE~~~