Bathtub Tile Cleaning?

I've used bleach comet against my best intentions with very good results, but have been told it's too abrasive to use for this kind of application.
Any suggestions on whether or not it IS too abrasive, and/or any alternatives? The tiles are dirty with (basically) soap-scum type of dirt. The comet seems to readily restore the light blue color ridding us of the brownish caking, and doesn't seem to scratch at all...but perhaps it is.
Any/all advice much appreciated, thanks.
Thanks.
There are non-abrasive cleaners available. I like to use a tile-and-tub pressurized foam spray. I spray it on, allow it to work for several hours, use a nylon-bristle scrub brush dipped in household ammonia, and rinse with cold water. Doing this once a week prevents hard-to-clean buildup. My tub/shower surround is a one-piece fiberglass. I use a pump after-shower spray too. My clear vinyl shower curtain goes in the laundry with rags, old towels, and household bleach once a month. About 4 times a year I'll polish the chrome fixtures using Brasso that makes them look like new.

Thank you, I will keep this method in mind.
I've been told to avoid the nylon bristle, yet I use one anyway, as they seem so highly effective and I have yet to see scratches.
Phisherman wrote:

one-piece
of
of
ridding
Phisherman wrote:

Not much, short of sandblasting will be too abrasive on ceramic tile. The best way to rid yourself of soap scum is to rid yourself of soap. Try some "body wash" or other non-soap cleanser. Try using "clean shower" daily (now from Arm and Hammer) After you chip all the old soap scum off, your shower will always look as if it has been cleaned about two days ago.
win-ho-lee wrote:

work
week
one-piece
the
of
of
ridding
chip
Interesting on the non-soap cleanser, I'll look into that.
Thanks on the rest too; I really hate using comet, but it's at a point where it's the most effective thing I can find, with elbow grease.