basement smell

What is the best way to remove a mold/ mildew smell from brick walls in a basement closet?

Hi Vic,
Try bicarbonate of soda in a container just left in the room for a while - of course that's assuming you've got rid of the source of the mould.
If that doesn't work we're putting a new orour eating gel on the site as of next Monday (sorry for the plug) that works on my sweaty running (how I tested it) and is good for most airborn odours. Take a look from Monday.
-- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web
Dehumidifier. Mold/meldew needs moisture to live. Some cleaners are better with odors, "Mr. Clean" is one such product.

I wish it to be known that Mr Clean is a far less qualified person than DrClean - and if you want a second opinion - "He's ugly too".
-- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

I dunno Doc, Mr. Clean has that sexy bald thang going for him. Are you bald too? ;-)
Nan

Not yet: But I recon it's only a matter of time.
-- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Just don't fight it like some guys do ;-) Bad comb-overs and toupees are horrible <G>
Nan

No I won't. The hair's already getting shorter and shorter as it gets thinner.
Actually the short hair helps with the swimming, and if I loose it all I'll be extra-aerodynamic on the bike.
Every cloud has a silver lining. -- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

There you go ;-)
Nan
try an ionizer (air purifier)