Ballpoint pen ink on carpet

My dog chewed up a ballpoint pen on our living room carpet. Any suggestions??

Same thing happed to me a few days after having new beige carpeting installed. As I recall I used rubbing alcohol followed by a degreaser like Fantastic or Formula 409. Good Luck!

like
As well as rubbing alcohol (methylated spirits) try nail amyl acetate (varnish remover as a substitute), adding a few drops and then padding with a very absorbant cloth before repeating.
If you want a step-by-step guide with pictures then look on www.DrClean.co.uk/surgery_stains/stains_techniques2.asp hopefully these will help.
-- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web
Get a product called "Ink Away" and you'll get it out!! It is made by the company who makes "Goo-Gone". I've only been able to find it at a Ben Franklin store. I know you can get in on the internet also! I've cleaned a lot of lab coats for hospitals and the ink stains are the worst but "Ink Away" is GREAT!!!!!
Sijka

Oxyclean will do it.
My dining room has been turned into my office and I've dropped my inkpads on them several times - of course, face down without the top on it!
There's also an oxyclean product in a spray bottle - works on car upholstery really well. I was transporting a lasagna the other day and some of the tomato sauce got on the car seat. Couldn't get to it to get it cleaned for about 3 hours and one spray and a cloth removed it without any problems.