baby oil in carpet

My son dropped a bottle of baby oil on the carpet in our hallway. I grabbed it up in a flash, and didn't think the damage was that bad --- but, now the small spot has spread to 4 times the original size. We cleaned it w/ a steam cleaner and it looked ok, for about 2 seconds and now looks the same. Besides rripping up the carpet or putting a rug over it, is there anything to do to make it not so noticeable ?

Thanks for the time, Monique

Reply to
Miss Priss

I absolutely love Spray and Wash Stain Stick for greasy stains. I don't see why it wouldn't work on carpet. The carpet is probably nylon and we certaily have nylon clothing. It is a miracle as far as I am concerned for getting out grease and oil stains especially on cotton knits. I have never had a grease stain it would not take out after leaving it on overnight. Even black crease like they use on machines comes out of my husband's shirts. I would suggest you saturate the carpet with it, it is like a soft deorderant stick, leave it overnight and then wash with warm soap and water, scrub and keep sopping up the water as you go. If that fails (and I am confident it will work) you can have a piece of carpet cut from under a couch or other piece of large furniture and have it swapped for the place that has the stain. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Autumn

How about just plain dish washing liquid? That cuts grease on dishes.

Reply to
julisue

Well, I've heard that since hair shampoo is formulated to deal with oily hair, it can sometimes be a good grease/oil remover.

I can't vouch for that, just passing info along.

Donna

Reply to
Donna in Texas

I'll certainly begin by trying the dishwashing soap and shampoo, since I have them... Then to the stick and finally, the idea of swapping carpet patches is a good end alternative... Thanks to all who posted ideas for me...

Reply to
Miss Priss