are portable steam cleaners helpful

When I see the ads on TV for the various portable steam cleaners, there seems to be a lot of wiping up to do. Are they worth getting or are regular spray and wipe cleaners just as good?

Looking forward to your advice. TIA __ Deet

Reply to
deet

They seem kind of messy to me. I don't have one and don't see the need.

-- Piper

Reply to
Piper

In a consumers NG they were rating these steam cleaners and most said the item was very misleading from what they saw on TV and one model was taken off the market because of causing severe burns.

Your best bet is to buy a pro model around $200.00+ the people I know who own these pro models said they were worth the $$$$$$$$$.

Reply to
ms. tonya