ammonia

Anyone know if using ammonia, (water and ammonia mixture) to clean windows is harmfull to the rubber linings of the window? Over time could it rot or destroy the linings? Patt

Reply to
Patt

Hi Patt,

I doubt whether ammonia can rot rubber, that will be done by the sun over time by drying it out and cracking it. What you mustn't use on rubbr is anything with a solvent in it. Rubber is degraded fairly instantly by solvent, which is why you can't dy clean t-shirts with rubber motifs on them.

Reply to
DrClean

I'm sure that it does, but to a much lesser degree than UV rays, dirt, or ethyl alcohol. Cleaning your windows 2 or 3 times a year (with a water-ammonia mixture) is not excessive. One thing you should be extra careful about is getting ammonia (including Windex) behind a mirror which will destroy the silvery coating.

Reply to
Phisherman

Not sure if it would be harmful to the rubber lining of your windows, but it is harmful to you if you breath in its vapors. There is a safer alternative that happens to cost less and works so much better than any window cleaning product you've probably ever used before. It won't harm anything, including your windows' rubber lining. In fact, check into the entire line of environmentally responsible products that do a better job less all of the dangerous and harsh chemicals. Please go to my site and if you like what we stand for you all you have to do is request more information and I'll make sure you get it. Everyone should know about these life-changing and -enhancing products. In fact, once a person starts using them they can never go back to the P&G or J&J, etc.. products again. You owe it to yourself to give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed in the least. Have a nice day!:)

Karen Neapolitan

330-726-4505
snipped-for-privacy@zoominternet.net
Reply to
Karen Neapolitan

You apparently couldn't be bothered to state the least bit of information on what these products might be on your site, and the request for more information asks for far more personal information than an email address to send it to, including "requiring" a phone number.

A good deal of "natural" and "alternative" cleaning products are just as potentially poisonous to pets and children as the usual storebought ones.

Reply to
jamie

Sorry you feel that way, Jamie. You are missing out on some really great products though. That's your choice and I totally respect that. However, you should know that the company we represent has had over 200 reported cases of ingestion of their products by children and there were no fatalities OR hospitalizations. You absolutely cannot say that about bleach or ammonia or the like. Their statistics are much more tragic than that. Please take a closer look at the site because there are documented reports on the dangers of using cleaning products containing harsh chemicals that are both objective and scientific. Hopefully people will be open-minded enough to look into this very important issue further for their own health's sake and not judge things based on other people's negative comments. I am not trying to be argumentative in any way so please don't take this as such. My purpose is to share and it's up to the person reading this to make their own judgment based on the facts. Anything less is beyond my control. Have a nice day.:)

Karen Neapolitan

Reply to
Karen Neapolitan

What is *not* beyond your control is to put some actual info on your actual products on your site, because there is zero, zippo, none.

I'm not interested in a bunch of scare-mongering articles on common cleaning products, and that's all you seem to have, along with a few extremely vague testimonials. If you claim to have something better, then detail the products, because I'm certainly not going to give you my phone number to listen to your sales pitch.

Reply to
jamie

spam----*plonk*

Karen Neapolitan

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

Hi YaPatt, Mike D here, no harm with ammonia & water on windows & attaching hardware. Vinager & water should Als work well.

Reply to
Michael C De Vito

I use very hot water, a few drops of dish detergent, and a squeegee.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Reply to
GaryRW