Alternative To White Vinegar

Hi,
I prefer white vinegar to Lysol like products for cleaning but my daughter hates the smell of vinegar. Is there a product as "people friendly" as vinegar without an odor?
Thanks, Gary
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:07:42 -0400, "Gary Brown"

A net search reveals that there are several high quality (hospital grade) unscented disinfectant detergents; but none are ingestible, like vinegar. Therefore, the correct answer is "no".
Actually, since some of these products dilute 1:512, or slightly higher, technically, they are ingestible. While they are not likely to cause illness, they won't taste very good on a salad.
You have to love the sound of the line, more than you love the sound of your own drum.--Drumline

Yes, Water. Water is odorless, tasteless, and non-toxic. When you heat it and make steam, it is a great cleaner that can disinfect. There is a nearly limitless supply and it is nearly free. You can get a wide variety of steam generators ranging from small hand-held units, to steam mops, to larger boilers that roll around on casters.
:
: :> Hi,:> :> I prefer white vinegar to Lysol like products for cleaning but :> my daughter hates the smell of vinegar. Is there a product :> as "people friendly" as vinegar without an odor?: : :Yes, Water. Water is odorless, tasteless, and non-toxic. When you heat it :and make steam, it is a great cleaner that can disinfect. There is a nearly :limitless supply and it is nearly free. You can get a wide variety of steam :generators ranging from small hand-held units, to steam mops, to larger :boilers that roll around on casters.
Good point. Water is the simplest way to clean a lot of the time. I haven't used anything but water and a mop (and sometimes a long-handled brush) to clean my linoleum tile kitchen floor for many years and it always cleans up great. I can't remember using anything else whatsoever. I never use anything but water on my cars, either for washing. Wax occasionally, but wash with water - no soap, etc.