No, not the drinking kind. :)
The rubbing kind. I put it in a spray bottle and use it to clean
nearly everything. It cuts grease like nothing you've ever tried and
is a whiz at cleaning glass. Also disinfects into the bargain. Buy
the cheapest brand you can find. They all work the same.
Good hint, I do this too. In the summer I keep a little spray bottle of it
in the fridge so's when I come in from the heat I can "spritz" my face/neck
area with it to cool off...
I also keep hydrogen peroxide in spray bottles (the brown quart - size that
you buy H202 in, you can attach a sprayer top from most any other bottle,
they'll all fit). Great for "de - germing" cutting boards, counter tops,
bathroom, etc. I spritz the shower and curtain with a bottle I keep in the
shower after every shower, no mold or mildew!
Just to be technical, alcohol is classified as a "low level" disinfectant.
It does inactivate vegative bacteria and some viruses but it doesn't rise to
the level of a hospital disinfectant which must be able to kill T.B. It is
equivalent to cleaners like Lysol, Pinesol, etc.
Endospores tend to survive alcohol. They also survive boiling.
I keep a little borax dissolved in water in a detergent bottle. It
cuts grease, and the trace of borax left on a surface discourages
the growth of microbes.
TB is used as a benchmark for pathenogen in general. If the disinfectant
can kill TB, it will kill most serious pathogens. Many substances are low
level disinfectants and do kill bacteria. But, it they only kill harmless
bacteria, they don't do much good.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.