A new broom

'Ridiculous'-health-and-safety-rules-tell-carpenters-to-ban-the-broom.html oh dear. Isn't this silly. perhaps the workers could wear dust masks.

( a bath hat and swimming goggles?) Gosh, that was almost eight years ago when those words of wisdom were spouted by our dear old friend Mr B. Does anyone remember?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Well, I've been a woodworker for over 40 years and dust can be a problem in the woodshop. I have a 1.5HP dust collector (DC), a down-draft sanding table with filters, a "Dust-Foe" respirator, and dust collection ports on most of my machines. The DC does a lot to cut down on the dust. Most woodworkers use more than one kind of dust control.

I recall Mr. B telling about mixing household ammonia with sawdust, spreading it over a carpet, and allowing it to dry. Personally, I havn't tried this but it did stir up some commotion.

Reply to
Phisherman

'Ridiculous'-health-and-safety-rules-tell-carpenters-to-ban-the-broom.html>

Fish and whole grain cut the risk by 87%.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

I recall Mr. B telling about mixing household ammonia with sawdust, : spreading it over a carpet, and allowing it to dry. Personally, I : havn't tried this but it did stir up some commotion.

Oh my! I wouldn't want to vacuum that up.

bonnie in OK

Reply to
bonnie

'Ridiculous'-health-and-safety-rules-tell-carpenters-to-ban-the-broom.html>>

and created a bit of a stink no doubt!

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

'Ridiculous'-health-and-safety-rules-tell-carpenters-to-ban-the-broom.html>>

risk of what may I ask? being eaten by a shark in the bath? or losing one's memory? or is it a magic potion to save one from the horrors of dust inhalation? Do speak up EZ. We would all love to know.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

'Ridiculous'-health-and-safety-rules-tell-carpenters-to-ban-the-broom.html>>>

The risk of asthma. That's the topic.

Please don't hijack Mrs. Bonk's topic.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

'Ridiculous'-health-and-safety-rules-tell-carpenters-to-ban-the-broom.html>>>>

Is it? Are we on the same page dear?

I despair, I really do.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

'Ridiculous'-health-and-safety-rules-tell-carpenters-to-ban-the-broom.html>>>>>

You can't expect to be on the same page with the rest of us if you don't stick to the topic.

Apology accepted.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

Maybe they should use more energy into seeing our food supply is safer than something as stupid as this.

Reply to
ms. tonya