Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing tyre/tire marks from painted interior walls?
Does anyone know how to remove bicycle tyre/tire marks from painted interior walls? Some of the walls originally had (absorbent) wallpaper on, and were then painted over with matt emulsion. The other...
4
4

Cleaning cds
We use unscented baby wipes. Nan
4
4

Where to buy Washing Soda in san diego??
Maybe it's a long shot...but anyone in san diego or southern CA know where I can buy some? I checked Albertsons as others have suggested before and they didn't have any.... Thanks!!
5
5

Underarm sweat stains
Hi there. I have a lot of short sleeved 'Gabicci' tops which I wear on an everyday basis. The tops are 52% cotton and 48% polyester. The area under the arms has become creased and hard which I...
7
7

spots on velvet?? help please
Hello---- I have a black rayon velvet dress that has spots that look different from the rest of the fabric when turned in most directions. It looks like the pile is down more in these areas, although...
1
1

Cleaning with Bleach
How useful are all of the cleaning products out there? I usually just scrub the bathroom down with a bleach water solution but some people seem to swear by all sorts of expensive products. Is there...
7
7

Refinishing large coffee table - $$$????
book?
4
4

any good? oxygen ions for washing £11 for 80 washes
Hi, recently in the saturday Times, i saw advertised a 'lakeland limited catalogue'; 'wash-it laundry ball' at £7.99 plus 2.99 postage. it says you can use it 80 times. apparently it...
3
3

Cleaning iron sole plate
Oh shut up. His dress uniform isn't woolen. The shirt is cotton, you dolt. Nan
22
22

Table with antique black finish
Hey there, I recently purchased a DiningRoom Set with a "Hand-applied antique black finish". The surface seems like it will be damaged easily. Are there any recomendations to preserve the woods finish...
1
1

spot refinishing
Hello---- Does anyone have a method for "spot refinishing" furniture. By that I mean just refinishing a section instead of the whole area. I have a couple of pieces that have finger nail polish (or...

Burnt Pan and Smell in House
Hi Kiddo, I think we all have done this at least once in our lifetimes... To get the smell out of the air, I used a product called "California Pet Scents...Citrus...Pure and Natural Air Freshener". It...
2
2

Cleaning Chintz Curtains?
Have you tried using a hose attachment with your vacuum cleaner? I do that with dust buildup. Donna
2
2

wood discoulorment
I have a pine chair that has a mark on the arm as if it was covered by a sticky label, but its ground into the pine. Any suggestions how I can remove it please
1
1

Removing vegetable oil
I spilt some neat vegetable oil on a white shirt. Despite soaking in soda and biological powder, a little of the stain remains. I've tried soaking in hot water as well. How can I remove this....
6
6