Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing Ring-Around-the-Collar
My husband's light blue button-down workshirts get a soil ring around the inside collar neck. I had somewhat success using oxy rug spot cleaner as a last resort. He was washing them the other day...

Bathtub cleaning
A few years back we had a new bathtub has made into the tub a gritty feel at a certain spot to help keep you from sliding, instead of using a mat. I forgot to mention it is white and over the years...
3
3

litter box question
At the bottom of cat litter boxes is usually a dark brown or gray mineral that doesn't scrub off. A few years ago I tried using CLR I think it was. It bubbled up and got rid of it. It did not hurt...
3
3

Liquid Gold or Murphy's Oil Soap?
What do you folks recommend for cleaning kitchen cabinets? They are dark pine. Thanks
1
1

new business name..
Im thinking of setting up my own Domestic cleaning business! Ive been trying to come up with an apt name ....i wouyld appreciate any ideas? Deb
2
2

Necessities only?
I'm making an attempt to cut down the clutter and avoid all the disasters in the house that currently exist... Family with young kids (DD-13m, DS-5.5y, DS-6.5y, new baby expected October)...
2
2

Sediment stains on fiberglass tub
How do you clean that stuff off? We have real bad water here and sediment stains have embedded onto the fiberglass. I tried CLR, Softscrub, Tilex but nothing works very well. Any advice? DaveL
4
4

Rough Slate floor washer?
Hi, had a new rough rustic slate floor laid, but its a bugger to mop if you have 3 large dogs paddling over it! I need something that will spray the floor with water, brush it to agitate the dirt and...
2
2

Bathroom Designed for Easy Cleaning
Seems to me that the design and materials of 'middle-class' bathrooms consider elegance over practicality. The Japanese have bathrooms that you can literally close the door and use a high...
1
1

cleaning stove burners
Is it better to just let the spills burn off, or better to wipe them clean?
2
2

good use for old flannel?
Hi - haven't posted here in ages, but now would like to ask-- are there any good cleaning uses for an old flannel sheet? It has a 6 inch hole in it, but I hate to chuck the whole thing out....
2
2

Bleach - know what you are buying...6% or 3%
I would say that I am a cheap person. I don't want to pay any more then I have to for what I buy. I was in a store the other day and I grabbed a bottle of the cheapest bleach they had. On the way...
1
1

Cleaning dark wood cabinets?
I have dark pine kitchen cabinets which get greasy and sticky over time. Is there a product that will be fairly easy to use? I had used a 50/50 mixture of mineral spirits and linseed oil,which brought...
1
1

range hood filter
How do you clean a metal mesh filter on a hood range. The filter is the dome shape. Can you use sos pads? I don`t have a cloths or dish washer to put it in. Thanks Patt
5
5

Protecting New Chairs
Hi, We just purchased new dining room chairs. We passed on the seller's offer to apply fabric protection ($30 for a $100 chair?). The fabric is microfiber but these are dining room chairs and a...
1
1