Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

dishwasher safe, top rack
Disasher safe, top rack. That's what it says on a lot of things. But is it really much safer on the top rack? After all, the hot water gets to the top rack only a split second after the bottom...
7
7

Where to get sodium carbonate (washing soda) in S.F. Bay Area
After looking high and low, finally found it at a place I shop at all the time. If a guy around here wanted some washing soda, he'd want to go to Orchard (OSH). Look in the pool chemical section...
5
5

Followup on electrosol
I put two tablets of my house brand dishwashing tablet into my dishwasher the other day, one in the cup with a cover, and one not in the cup. EVerything seemed fine, except there was a thin layer of...
2
2

Aggie from "How Clean Is Your House"
has a cleaning column in this paper. News and opinion from The Times & The Sunday Times News and opinion from The Times & The Sunday Times

Carpet spots coming back???
Hi--- I have carpet spots that are cleaned but then keep coming back after a couple of weeks. I know this is a common problem, but I am wondering if anyone here has a solution. Thanks------- Donna

que interesante
All our messages are being re-posted to this forum: did a Google search for my name and found that. http://www.homeownerschat.com/Home-Cleaning/

DRINKING COKE A COLA FROM CANS
I thought no one would mind if I tell here: Coke a Cola needs to be drunk out of a can with a straw because I have been told ratsick is put into warehouses to keep rats out, hence the rats crawl over...
2
2

SHORTS TURNED PINK FROM BEIGE
Can anybody please tell me how to take the pink out of the beige shorts. I have tried Napisan in cold water soaking over night. Do I need to try HOT water???
1
1

MAT WITH RUBBER BACKING
Hi, I have a mat with rubber backing on it for antislip purposes. After many washes some of it has come away from the mat leaving it sticky and has put rubber backing on the floor. Can anyone tell me...
1
1

Saying Yes to Mess - New York Times article
friend sent me this. I haven't read it yet. A movement is afoot to embrace disorder as the detritus of a creative mind. But the effort is a little disorganized.

Carpet Purchase ...need input
Carpet Purchase ...need input We are planning on recarpeting our home in the SF Bay Area, CA..... with mid to upper quality carpeting. We have 2 children 14 and 11. No dogs, no cats. We are not at all...

Cleaning Kitchen stove
Hello, I am going to clean my kitchen stove. It has blacked burned stuff over it. I remember seeing someone on the Tony Danza show a few months ago telling about homemade stuff or stuff that you can...
2
2

old-fashioned cleaner
Has anyone ever heard of a paste cleaner called KemKlean? I am trying to find some for my grandmother, who bought a tub at a home show about 10 years ago. It can apparently clean all sorts of stains...
1
1

a dishwashing problem
Help? :-/ While hand-washing a French White-type Corning Ware ceramic cooking dish I filled it with water and now the glass cover is stuck to the dish! To make matters worse, there is a smaller...
2
2

four cats, lots of hair
Anyone have any ideas for keeping the cat hair down, other than lots of vacuuming and brushing?
1
1