Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

sodium hydroxide for carpet cleaning
Sodium Hydroxide (NAoh) is great for carpet cleaning! Love the stuff. I noticed i can get it from the shop 'boots' in town now alot cheaper then i was getting it from before just a tip for those in...
2
2

This makes yout think twice about public restooms
http://www.kaivac.com/video/cleaningforhealthvideo_wmv.asp

I need some cleaning tips.
Me and my buddy made a website called its basically a forum and blog driven web site dedicated to a source people can goto to find out how to clean and remove stains from pretty much anything. Problem...
5
5

How to remove Gorilla glue?
Anyone know how to remove dried Gorilla glue from a bathroom sink? I think it's porcelain. Thanks, Sam
1
1

CD's
Can any of you tell my how to clean a few CD's that were sitting behind the computer monitor and got wet? It was from a glass of water and they were in a paper holder that they come in. I wiped them...
4
4

how to remove chewing gum from the screen?
Hi, My 5 year-old daughter put her chewing gum all over the screen of her brother's gameboy. Is there any way to clean it? Thanks for any advice. Arkadiy
3
3

scuffed hardwood floor
OK here's the situation: Cleaning my hardwood floor...dragged sofa across floor and put scuff marks on floor. Wood doesn't look damaged or scratched...grain is intact. Easy way to correct this?...
1
1

A little OT: Cleaning granite headstone
My mother's headstone has some tiny dark flecks in the area that was engraved. The engraved area is lighter in color and not polished to a high sheen like the rest of the stone. It's 17 years old, so...
11
11

Lubricant for Glass Sliding door tracks ?
What is a good lubricant for glass sliding door tracks? I suppose I need something that will lube the tracks for at least a few weeks, without attracting too much dirt and grime to the lubricant...
45
45

cleaning inside a heating grate?
The heating grate in our bathroom is the kind that leans against a wall, the base of it lays against white ceramic tile and is about 2" away from the wall. It's permanently attached there, it's not...
2
2

Carpet Cleaner
I was watching an episode of the House Doctor. I that a guy cleaned the carpet and sofa and it came up like new. I have a vax washer and my carpets come up nothing like they did on the HD. Does anyone...
2
2

iRobot Scooba / Roomba
Isn't it usually wiser to ask these questions BEFORE you purchase a product?
24
24

limecale remover damage
Have you tried cola? Sounds daft but I pushed out most of the water with the loo brush and filled with cola. Did it when I went to work, flushed when I came home...and voila...a clean loo bowl. Have...
14
14

Mulch substitute -- crushed brick ??
how very common.
30
30

Cleaning Small Blotches on Linoleum
We have small blotches on/in the kitchen linoleum floor that don't come clean. They appear to be in the linoleum rather than just on top of it. They look like mold or fungus -- dark colored. House is...
20
20