Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

eBay's Vacuum Cleaners buying guide
http://301url.com/VacuumCleaners

SpotBot
Just an update::::: My new SpotBot is working well. I am quite pleased. It is working better for spots than any professional I've had to come in. I wish the water tanks were larger, but I guess that...
10
10

Restore dull brass snap-hook
I have a snap-hook, actualy several, which is used to attach a 1in. rope to a brass or polished brass post. The apparently brass snap-hook is very old and has become; dull, chipped, and green at...
2
2

SpotBot Cleanser
Has anyone come up with a good alternative cleaning solution for the SpotBot carpet machine? The Bissell ones made for the spot machines is very expensive. I tried using a bit of regular oxy powder in...

Re: Judgment day has arrived for my corned beef
I have only used tinned corned beef - the Fray Bentos brand is top of the tree here in the UK. It will be interesting to see the outcome of your home made jobby. I simply had to crosspost this to the...
5
5

Washing Out Your Fishbox
I have just washed out my fishbox. Nothing wrong with that, but it's a constant astonishment to me that people tend to allow their fish products to fester in my plastic box and therefore run the risk...
2
2

Eliminating Black Spots on UPVC Window Frames: A Step-by-Step Guide to Cleaning and Maintaining Your Windows (2023 Update)
Hello, I have plastic (UPVC) window frames which have black spots (indoors) around the edges. They seem difficult to remove. What are they & how do I clean them away ? Thanks K
4
4

Dear Readers.......
It has come to my attention that this newsgroup has lost its' regular subscribers since I removed the heart of it many years ago and replaced it with no one. In those days, I'm sad to say, everyone...
42
42

2 cleaning questions.
1. Is there a way to get dry paint off of wooden door? 2. Is there a homemade ingredient to clean tub from grout? TIA. Pam-Doggirl3
2
2

Dishwasher - strage marks
We've just got a new dishwasher, its a high quality machine. However, we've found dartk marks on plates and cuttelry, which can only be removed with bleach. We've tried changing soaps, and settings,...
6
6

**** ruined taps****
just used harpic limescale remover on my gorgeous taps in the bathroom, they have turned pink!!!! so it has blatenly taken off the shiny colour, does anyone know how to restore this????? please!!!!
8
8

black rubber stain on wood
The black rubber feet of a piece of audio equipt. has left brown stains on a wood surface. Any suggestion, please, for removal? Otherwise, I'll have to plop down some kind of less hideous mat to hide...
1
1

Washing Laundry with Salt
I recently purchased on of those front loading washing machines, a Whirlpool Duet Sport, and find that my wash always end up smelling like detergent (All 2X Ultra HE) even though I have reduced the...
3
3

White marks on leather table
Last Christmas we had a houseful of people so I set up our old, leather-topped table as a space for people to eat. I put a tablecloth on the table, but condensation or heat from the cardboard plates...

dog and carpet cleaning issues
My dog was very sick a few days ago and not only puked a couple of times but also had a diarrhea episode on the new carpet. I've used both our Hoover Steam Cleaner and tried the Resolve spray and...
7
7