Wood Siding Profile

I'm looking for a description of 'dutch lap' siding. I've found a description on line that specifies dutch lap as laying up shingles or slates lapping those below and also those to one side, but not a description of a profile. Locally, Charleston SC, 'German siding' and 'novelty siding' are used for coved siding. Does anyone know what profile might be indicated by 'dutch lap'?

It looks like thicker clapboard with a beveled or coved upper section. This is wood and the more traditional profile: http://www.buffalo-lumber.com/dutch-lap-siding.htm This is vinyl, but it's the more common profile nowadays: http://www.libertyhomesolutions.net/dutchlap_siding.html

Thanks, Rico. I would guess that 'Dutch' in this case is similar to Pennsylvania 'Dutch'. Thanks again. T

Similar to "Wales" - it's a derivative of an English word tht had a negative connotation, tho' Iv eforgotten what that original meaning was - anyhoo, the "Welsh" word for "Wales" is, IIRC, "Cwmry", pron. (again, IIRC) something like "Koomrih" or "Koomree".
I don't know the origin of the name "German/Germany", but maybe it's derived from some Roman word? I ought to check.
Word origins are IMO interesting ;)