Window Treatment vs. Blinds

I am looking to either do window treatments, curtains and valances, or wooden blinds on all the windows in my house.
My 2 considerations are if either one actually cuts down the electricity bill and the obviously the appearance.
I have looked at one place in Houston, www.creativeblinds.com and they have some great stuff that fits into my budget, but i want some advice first.
Any help would be great, thanks, sb
susanbeamon_at_gmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (sbeamon) wrote in

Is to cut down on heat loss (heating) or heat gain (air-conditioning) - or both?
Very generally - heat gain best handled on the outside (screening, hoods etc) or by solar-control glass, although close-fitting internal blinds will help. Heat loss - internal blinds, heavy curtains.

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/architecture/Window-Treatment-vs-Blinds-24792-.htm michaelparker wrote:
If you are looking for window blinds & shades than just click on http://www.aaablinds.com/sb.cn for all window treatments.This site provides wide variety of Hunter Douglas products includes Window Coverings, Window Treatments, Shades,Blinds and Shutters Custom fit for your home
sbeamon wrote: