Why for come it's like this...

In my neck of the woods, rivers, streams, lakes, etc. are "public waters" regardless of how much of the shoreline may be owned by private citizens. The typical setback for public waters is 75', but can be as little as 50' if you're really luck and as much as 150' if you're unlucky and have an "environmental" water.

This past weekend I was in a different part of the woods. I was informed, by people in the know, that there are lakes where you can build a boathouse right over the water. Some creeks/rivers have a 30' setback from its centerline. This means in some instances you can build right at the shoreline (but not alter the shoreline).

Why for come the water is different in one state in a different state? Why for come it's OK in that state to build right next to the water, but in this state we'll completely destroy the ecosystem if we get closer than 50'?

Reply to
3D Peruna

On 29 Aug 2005, 3D Peruna wrote

-snip-

Ummm...because things like set-backs are classic state-regulated matters, aren't they?

Can you imagine the screams if Washington decided to impose fedeeral, nation-wide regs on things like development set-backs? ;)

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

Why are there people ruining the environment????

It's just sad that there have to be LAWS for these people.

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

Because people in other states are unenlightened insensitive greedly louts.

Reply to
gruhn

Yah, sure, you betcha! I'm sure they'll try to, if they haven't already.

Actually, what I'm more amazed at is that looking at a very similar set of conditions create such a dissimilar set of rules regarding those conditions.

I'd prefer a federal law that states states aren't allowed to make a law.

Reply to
3D Peruna

Gruhn,

It's sad because it's just instant "financial gain", and there are a huge list of reasons why that is even bad for the "Greedy" individual.

I am getting saddened and saddened when I continue to hear about the U.S. being a "DUMPLAND" of greed and the "FLEECING OF AMERICA".

What are people doing here anymore??? Just not caring ???

Damn.. I was born here..why are these people doing this to my country!!

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

Trying to distroy it environmentally, politically, etc..

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

It looked like the long plot was interesting but I could never wade through the contained this week's episode in order to follow the larger story.

Do we hafta?

What's in it for me?

Reply to
gruhn