Whats the most you would pay for.....

Whats the most you would pay for a pair of football tickets?

Maybe I'm cracked but my son paid $250 each for 2 tickets to tomorrows game.

I wouldn't pay $250 even for a Rush concert!!!

Reply to
Don

I tap out at the whole night costing more than $100...

Reply to
3D Peruna

I never placed a limit on entertainment costs, stuff costs what it costs, but I just can't get my head around the whole pro-sports thing at all. I just don't get it.

Reply to
Don

I paid $250 CDN for a Stones concert, dead centre beside the rolled out sub-stage. But then again, I live in a small city and we don't normally get the big name acts so it was more of a special thing. Apparently 90,000 turned out or almost 1/2 the city during the two concerts.

I paid $150 CDN for Grey Cup seats and I thought that was a steal (40yd line)

Television just isn't the same thing as a live performance!

Reply to
Roarmeister

No its not. But even insanity has its limits, doesn't it? I watched my cousin last year pay $750 a piece for 6 Stones concert tickets. Now THATS insanity!!!!!

Whats grey cup?

Reply to
Don

If you know what it takes to play the game, and you see the very best in action up close, it's pretty entertaining. Me, I'm easily entertained, and the one game I do watch is so ridiculously priced in this town that I doubt I'll ever go. My first and last Leafs game was in 1966.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

The Canadian super bowl.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

EACH??? Now, those would have to be stage tickets for that price. IE, you sit in the stage platforms looking right on top of the stage and out onto the core audience, that also comes with a backstage pass IIRC. Robert Di Niro (apparently a big Stones fan) and Charlize Theron were also in town and that's the type of ticket they had (but I bet they didn't actually pay for them!) For what it's worth they all stayed at the same hotel so they could have had some interesting parties going on. Mick and the boys were in town for 4 days because of the double concert (the only 2 show performance they gave in North America).

I paid $250 for the normally $308 tickets.

Our football championship. But I believe the top price of the tickets were about $275 vs. the min. price for a Super Bowl ticket at $500??

Reply to
Roarmeister

"Michael Bulatovich"> wrote

Well thats it right there Mike. I've played all the sports, cept the ones that require snow/ice and I still don't get it. I'd much rather play it than watch it. Watching sports is like watching someone eat an ice cream cone. I prefer doing it than watching it.

My wife has been a football fan since before I knew her and I accept that. Just as she accepts my faults. >wink<

Reply to
Don

"Roarmeister"> wrote

I understand that you&#39;d be very lucky to get (US) Superbowl tickets for less than $2k each.

Reply to
Don

Actually I&#39;d pay more for Rush than for a Stones concert, which I&#39;d pay

- the going rate for. Yes, that&#39;s right, you&#39;d have to pay me the going rate to go and see them. I&#39;d score a profit with the Stones, and break even with Rush.

I was listening online to these cheesy-yet-kinda-cool retro-disco-style tunes the other day and was reminded of one from around 1998 that I decided to see if I could find, because I recall wanting it at the time it came out, but could not bring myself to part with the gouge. Well, my 8-year patience was rewarded upon its find which was posted today for your listening, er, pleasure. ;)

(Dust off your platforms and leisure suits, kids! Are ya ready?! =)

BTW, if someone has a copy of Kate Bush&#39;s &#39;Cloudbusting&#39; and would like to post or email it for me, it would be appreciated.

Reply to
Señor Popcorn

More North Americans should try that.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I have seasons tix to the NY Jets.

Regular season games are $75.00 per ticket but in the NFL the teams MAKE you buy the pre-season too. So if you only go to the regular season games, the ticket per game goes up to $95.00.

For the playoffs, the wild card game face value ticket is $150.00 and divisional/championship game is $200.00 per ticket.

So if your son got them via open market or via a broker, he got a bargain.

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

He got em on ebay. The colts won. Next stop.......FL. doggies......

Reply to
Don

And right about now, I bet he&#39;d pay it all over again...

Reply to
Pierre Levesque