what to use to cover chain linked fence?

I finally decided to fence off the back section of my property with a chain linked fence to cut cost. The side will be either wood or masonry.

Regarding chain linked fence, since they are so ugly I need to use some plants to cover it. First thing that comes to mind are vines. Does anyone has any other suggestions or know of any vines that are less messy? Any other plants that will do the same jon but looks more clean lined and simple?

Thanks!

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

You want 'twiners' on chainlink. What zone are you?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

...and don't forget about flowering shrubs. If you have lots of room, in a few years they're a great hedge.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Michael I am in zone 10b. Thanks!

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Oh...yeah. That's a different world away from here. My gardening experience won't mean anything there.

I'd still approach it like any other design problem, though:

Look around, decide what you like and what you don't Make a list Get a functional idea of what you want to do Make a drawing Talk to locals who know more than you Revise the drawing, then Take it to a good local nursery. Up here the best one has a 'design service' that isn't too great design wise but can tell you what's wrong with your plan, and they know form experience what will and won't work in my local.

How much fence are we talking about again?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich