What's with "renewable?"

Why can't people use language correctly.

The sun is not "renewable." Solar energy is "continuous" until the sun burns out. The wind is not "renewable" it blows or it doesn't. There's nothing people can do about it to "renew" solar or wind or any of the "renewable" energy sources.

Trees...they're "renewable." You can cut them down burn them and plant some more.

Renewable ought to mean what it means...

Reply to
3D Peruna

Solar energy is renewable because the amount available tomorrow is not dependent on the amount used today. Just because it doesn't require human action doesn't make it non-renewable, dumbass.

Reply to
brudgers

????

Because the amount available tomorrow is not dependent upon the amount used today has nothing to do with the misuse of language.

The sun hasn't been renewed? It's one day closer to being burned up. The energy from the sun has been renewed. It's either gone or stored as heat in the planet, only to be extracted as that portion of the earth rotates away from it.

Who said anything about human action? Sheesh...

And, since you've got me all riled up...

Some energy sources are "better" than other energy sources in the amount of undesirable by products they may create. I'll grant that. But, the problem with most of the "renewable" energy source advocates is that they're one skip & a hop away from then deciding what I get to do with the precious little "renewable" energy that I'm alotted.

Oil is bad. Oil is bad because it creates nasty stuff when it is refined to make gasoline. Oil is bad because the gasoline burned in your car creates more nasty stuff that might make the temperature of the earth go up a little

Driving a car is bad. Driving a car burns gasoline. Driving a car burns fewer calories and you get fat.

Therefore, you should not drive a car. Take the bus. Take the train. Walk. Ride a bike. But do not drive a car. Driving a car is evil, especially if you are the only one in that car.

Reply to
3D Peruna

But everything they tell you about the menace of global warming and its causes is true and accurate.

Our conventions are invented by morons. Enjoy.

Reply to
gruhn

I've probably mentioned it before. I'll mention it again...

I've talked to real humans who warned that one should not get too close to the walls in a house where the electricity was generated by a nuclear fission facility.

Reply to
gruhn

The walls with the wires in them. The wires that carry the radioactive electricity. That stuff's bad and you'll get cancer.

Reply to
gruhn

Regardless of g's facetiousness, I've yet to see convincing evidence *either way* as to health effect of EM fields of various magnitudes...

Reply to
zenboom

This is why I mentioned it.

Well, you've got electrons going >that-a-way< means you'ver got magnetic fields goind around-about-like-so.

Reply to
gruhn

That's great based after seeing the abuse of quotation marks in your original post.

"The sun" is not synonoumous with "solar energy."

Or reflected off the atmosphere or just radiated to empty space. But that's not applicable to solar energy. Which by the way is not '"continuous"' [sic]. Think day and night.

Speaking of misuse of language

see above

I don't believe any energy is alotted to you, though some may be available.

Your poem doesn't even rhyme.

Reply to
brudgers

It does but you statement doesn't. Trees are only a renewable resource as long as there is the sun. Take away the sun in your first argument and you have nothing for your second....

Reply to
Roarmeister

Well that's pretty much the point isn't it. Renewable or not, life on earth doesn't exist so the argument of 3d is moot. :-)

Reply to
Roarmeister

Or stop planting the new ones, or poison all the dirt, or chop off the hands of the guy doing the planting...

You forgot the :-)

Reply to
gruhn

What facetiousness? I have interacted with these people. They really exist. I am not making it up.

Reply to
gruhn