What's up with this...?

OK, so, the standard bathroom fan moves, IIRC, about 80 CFM, give or take, and costs around $70 and sounds a lot like a 747 taking off. IOW, total POS, but this is what is nearly universal. ((And they never even offer upgraded fans as an option...))
So, check this out: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4WT47
WHy the heck can they make a *computer* fan, which moves as much as this does, which is also *quiet*, and costs under $30...?
What I'm trying to figure out is how to adapt it to existing bathroom fan electricity...
But I can't figure out why bathroom fans cost so much for so very, very little in terms of performance and noise reduction. Captive audience? It just seems stupid to me, one of thiose things that's done poorly because "that's how it's always been done"...
- Kris

You're forgetting about the attractive plastic grill, aren't you?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca