'What Architecture Have You Dreamt About In Your Sleep'?

Why not?

I dream about landscapes with buildings in them, but sometimes get very clear interior features.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Wow! I had a mild premonition that someone-- most likely ++, though-- would post just that (see the 'Try This' thread).

Isn't that something?

Well I really did-- both the premo, as well as the unusual architecture in my sleep-dream...

It was of an old, dilapidated, partially gutted multi-story urban near-heritage highrise. with the iron girder posts and beams shabbily-exposed...

I went (flew?) in, and walked about 3 or four rooms into its bowels, when it suddenly opened up into a stone-cathedral-ceilinged shopping-mall with multi-storied walkways around its perimeter. I also managed to float somewhat toward its ceiling (I seem to be having many dreams where I'm sort of flying/floating) to get a closer look at it.

Do androids dream of electric sheep? Do architects/architectural designers dream of novel forms of architecture?

Reply to
Señor Popcorn

I've dreamed about ruins seen from a sky view distance that when closer revealed themselves to be illusions of ruins on landscaping artfully painted trompe d'oeille upon other structures.

in the Dolmabahche Palace:

++

No. That's where I got the idea.

Ascertaining this is the point of the thread.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

You know that's a bike ride from here, right?

Wow.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

That's exactly what I'm saying. I had a feeling someone, maybe as a kind of joke, might.

Not exactly. It's just something I decided to tack onto the end... Kind of like this:

I suspect ++ is Jojo. :)

Reply to
Warm Worm

No, I didn't know where you are. It's a cool painting conceptually.

Reply to
++

That wall represents the eastern extent of Toronto's 'great fire' of 1904, IINM. Here's the other side:

Michael Bulatovich

"Michael Bulatovich" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

In what sense? Places in which stuff is happening? Or dreaming up designs (in the same sense as composing music in your sleep)...?

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Yes. Usually cinematic wide screen type landscapes, but sometimes tight urban spaces. Often the same landscape is the setting for numerous dreams over many years, sort of like the back lots of Hollywood.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I recall travelling (for real) through Montana and remarking about it's "big sky" kind of landscapes that I'd heard about (I think it was Montana anyway). It was certainly a "big sky" feel that I got-- at least where we happened to set down for the evening... When we stopped for our nice motel that looked more like a mountain chalet, the land and sky all around us seemed to stretch further out than expected-- almost as though viewing it through some kind of telephoto lense-- probably by virtue of the mountainous punctuations closeby, and in the distance, where, as fortune would have it, there were also a number of thunderstorms here and there and in the distance, with the slowly setting sun shining through the clouds where it could to add to the drama. Quite the sight and mood it gave!

I've also had more than one dream with the same or similar landscapes. One landscape in particular that I rememeber was similar to a real and familiar one, while others seemed completely foreign.

Reply to
Warm Worm

"Michael Bulatovich" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Yeah, I can relate to that. I get verty vivid dreams, complete with smells, and orchestral scores! It can get quite bizarre.

But th eplaces are orderly - when movies try to do dream sequences, they often make things out of proportion, or change the proportions - I don't get that at all.

THe buildings are usually modern, tho'. No castles, never any "haunted mansion" things. No alien landscapes, either. Just wild stuff going on in every-day buildings and places.

Reply to
Kris Krieger