Wet Bathrooms

Er, hadn't thought of that... How about eliminating the pocket and just have it slide along the inner wall...? Well, maybe none of it is practical.
I'd have to think about this one for a while though, no time now, packijng today and tomorrow and moving truck on the 14th, no online - or time - until the end of June at least. But it's an interesting point and an interesting problem (yeah, I like doofy little mechanical thingies like that...)

I don't think I'd fit! =:-]

TO do that in this place, we'd have had to rip up the whole floor. Not that I would mind aesthetically, because the tile is mediochre, a very bland, boring sort of white-with-greyish-dirt appearance. But expensive as hell. And that's assuming one can even find a reliable contractor.
I even had to adjust the bathroom door, because the floor is already so high that the door scraped on the tile.

Similar ideas here.
Plus this little thought about buying a place somewhere semi-arid to desert (Carlsbad, NM has come up for various reasons), and having that as a permanent residence plus temporary ones (following the job market). The thought might become more serious if I have a lot of allergy etc. problems in Houston.

YOWZA!!!!!
Well, I won't say I'm not envious, because I am <g>!, but it'd be great, and I wish you luck with it :) If you post pics online, please post the links, esp. if you get some good wildlife pics <g>! Just watch out for the venomous snakes; naturalists say that you should make a lot of noise, bnasically stomp, because the snakes can sense the vibrations and realize that something larger than them is approaching, so they'll avoid you.
--
- Kris M. Krieger

Kris Krieger wrote:

I see no advantage to solid shower/bath enclosures. If I bang an elbow on a shower curtain it doesn't tickle my funny bone (no "r" in bone), Walmart $5. No need to clean it, get a new one.

Throwing a lot of bricks and mortar at a new lot that may have unknown value afterwards is a bit risky. We're doing a 20x20 and if we like the area, we can do anything, and the 20x20 is a nice guest cabin. OTOH it's an ideal recreational cabin for a couple (like us) in our area.

The worst pests are the little flying ones. To work in wooded areas (in central ontario) we sowed a bag from a cheap sheet and put it on the rear end of a box fan. In front of the fan we put a flood-light directed to the location to be cleared and left it running all night. That would clear about 90% of pests from the work area. Surprisingly it caught a lot of mosquito's. We guess mosquitos were attrached to the noise of the fan rather than the light. The idea is that in evolution a commotion (noise) indicated a tasty animal with blood (coons bears having sex), and miskities were attracted to that on a still night. Ken

man you have hit the nail on the proverbial head!!
"Don"

What about a generator? Might they be about the equivalent of $300 worth of food (and could they be used in other capacities to make them even more worth it)?
In case you've been wondering about my sporadic replies, my server's recently been dropping some posts too prematurely. Some have nevertheless remained around long enough to be read.