Werner Ladder

Back in '89, my mother was still living in this house, my wife flew back from Paris, and they came in so close she could clearly see mom on the porch, wife claimed she could read mom's newspaper ;-). This was with a 747. EDS

Reply to
EDS

It was at least 10 years ago, and the City of Boston (heavy hitter) joined in for its districts of South and East Boston who are impacted as badly by other runways and got the same deal. My town has been sucking at the tit of the airport for a long time. They gave us fire engines, street sweepers, and an annual dole. Try to drum up some politicians, that's what they are here for. Those windows sure helped the heating bill. EDS

Reply to
EDS

Charles Jones wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.frii.com:

I just didn't know to what Don was referring, specifically - IOW, whetehr to structures, landscape, farms, roads, and/or Other.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

One has to be careful to never take *any* hype at face value. That's wht nobody ever wants to teach to young people - it'd make them too hard to control. If I could, tho', I'd tell tehm all precsiely that, Never trust

*any* hype at face value - not from *any* source - ALWAYS do research, look into it, and make decisions with open eyes and a clear, analytical mind. Corporations, agencies, volunteer organizations, gurus, "movements", and so on - they *all* make the same appeals, "Come be a art of our team and let us hel you grow as an individual". Oh sounds, great

- give of yourself freely to a Greater Cause. But there are very clever people who help the Head Honhos craft those appeals, and warmfuzzytouchyfeelie idealism leads, 99.9% of the time, *at best* to disappointments. Realistic investigation and decision-making has gtreater chances of helping one achieve Happiness, by helping one avoid being taken advantage of/duped.

Yeah, it's never as Disneyesque as it's presented.

Hmmm, now that's problematic - I'd imagine it's a bit like letting your dog let you know it's peed on the carpet...

Yowza! 50' is significant - and that's just the flames, from what yu said - the actual hazard zone would be much larger.

Well, I think there are good reasons to have a military, but I also think people need to be a lot mroe realistic about the whole thing...beyond that, it's a complex topic...

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b5g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

This book (that I might have I'd mentioned a couple weeks ago, I think) gives good tips and instructions: "Musical Instrument Design: Practical Information for Instrument Making"

If you use the "wind focusing box" idea, you could orient a few different boxes with differently-tuned strings (or sets of harmonizing strings) so that you'd always know by the sound which way the wind was blowing ;)

Reply to
Kris Krieger