Urinals

Why aren't urinals used in residential homes?

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Space, smell, redundancy.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Don't forget installation & maintenance costs...

But I have seen it done for a family with 6 boys.

Reply to
3D Peruna

Because women have a hard time aiming at them.

and

They would no longer be able to bitch & moan about putting the seat down.

Reply to
TheRebarGuy

don't need a urinal when you have a back porch.

Reply to
jojo

No, no, and not really anymore than a bathroom sink is redundant to the kitchen sink.

There was a great little urinal that never caught on and I have _no_ idea why. It was a tiny little clamshell urinal the size of an external USB hard disk drive. Recessed in the wall, the lid folded down to provide the pee chute. It flushed with a few ounces of water when the door was closed. Needed a water supply and something like a

3/4" waste line. And these idjits are proud of their low-flow 1.6 gallon toilets...

The manufacturer really messed up the marketing and it's nowhere to be found. It'd probably be fairly easy to rig one up. Don rigged up something in his new garage. He drilled a 1/2" hole (so it's not too snug of a fit) in the exterior wall. Pithy, that's what Don is. He pith here, he pith there.

Oh, and remember to use the _front_ door when you visit JoJo. Yikes!

RicodJour

I stand corrected. Luckily I'm the one correcting myself so I only feel like half an idiot.

I also was a bit off in some of the details as they're "improved" it. It uses a 1.5" waste (code hasn't caught up with ultra-efficient flushing yet) and it uses ten ounces of water. If they used a smaller waste line they could cut the water consumption in half.

RicodJour

Those are in different rooms, and require different support.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I like the detail on the webpage: Latex paint surround hehe

...and what about guys with big noses? They're expecting users to stand with their noses less than a foot from a wall, or in Don's case, a foot and a half.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

If you can tell me that you have only an oven - no microwave, no toaster or toaster oven - in your kitchen, then I'll concede your point...for your situation. It's a question of volume and efficiency.

RicodJour

OK. I only have an oven in my kitchen. You've been told. I win.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat. :)~

RicodJour

Who are you calling a winner?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

You should be asking why there aren't more bidets in residential.

Better yet, ask the little woman which fixture she would prefer to have in the bathroom - the bidet or urinal?

Soaker tub or shower cabinet?

Hot tub or sauna?

1 or 2 master beds?

His and hers vanities /w mirrors?

Toilet roll under or over?

Reply to
Roarmeister

Separate homes?

Reply to
Warm Worm

Maybe because there are baths and showers that can do double duty.

Reply to
Warm Worm