uh oh... here we go again...

http://www.archpaper.com/features/2007_18_homing_instincts.htm or,
http://tinyurl.com/3dppkj

Nice interior pix....don't you need a stair guard?

Vertical wires, 3 inches apart, fully imbedded into the floor and ceiling.

Nice job Pierre. Christ that guy can throw the bull. read it to my wife until she asked me to stop or she would upchuck. EDS

Why not just follow the building code and be done with it?..
CID...

Like this? ;-)
http://tinyurl.com/2lf3ck

Pierre, Pierre, Pierre. What about solidarity? Now that you've let the clients know that all we have to do is press a button, it's going to be a lot harder to collect for changes.
On Nov 6, 9:53 am, "Pierre Levesque"

Why even have stairs? Just have a slide.

The slide is next to the stair! That has me wondering just how fragile the finishes are where the walls morph into floors.

The final finish is ALL ego ;)
On Nov 5, 3:48 pm, "Pierre Levesque"

As can be seen here:
http://www.e-architect.co.uk/america/jpgs/villa_nm_newyork_unstudio07_3.jpg
BTW, it would be much funnier if they were only partially embedded. ;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOh yeah. Didn't see them. What about a handrail?

That's one of the beauty's of doing work in rural commuinities isn't it? Relaxed requirements... the local inspector didn't have a clue about what was being built so he really just focused on structural integrity, firestops etc... the state code was loosely interpreted and that requirement called for max 3" openings for railings.
We don't need no stinkin' handrails!
Pierre Levesque wrote:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/8014/tubbyuhoh.wav ;>
That reminds me to post a 3D mockup of that similar thing I told you about earlier-on.
Pierre Levesque wrote:

It needs color. Life... The forms are interesting, but after a while, I would get bored.
I'm sure I'm all wrong about this, too...

Ever see the hilarious 1950's french comedy called "Mon Oncle" (My Uncle) with the french comic actor Jacques Tati? Tati used to do very graphic (almost mime) movies with very little dialogue. In this one, he plays the uncle who lives in traditional Paris who comes to visit his sister and nephew in the "new and moderne" section of Paris. They live in a house that is all ultra contemporary shiny and white with concrete floors, automatic appliances and electric "everything"... The whole movie is nothing but buzzing sounds, clicking and echoed sounds... the walking on the floors - clink clink clink - is riotous.
On Nov 6, 1:12 pm, "Pierre Levesque"

I wouldn't mind seeing it. I've seen some very good French comedies... La Grande Bouffe comes to mind. I recall another one where a pilot with an old open-air plane, takes a passenger, and does a loop-de-loop that has the passenger falling out.