True Quality Revival And Ice-Cream [OT]

Be grateful to them. Even five years ago, a lot of this stuff flat wasn't available. Now you can get it if you are willing to pay for it.

Reply to
Amy Blankenship

Yeah, we want to know if it was a legal download or not...

Reply to
Amy Blankenship

Better to become a vegetarian.

Reply to
George Conklin

I knew someone who had given me a copy of the song which then got lost. So I chalk my download to 'fair use'.

At the same time, I've recently been discovering and listening to some older electronic music acts that I somehow missed and was only vaguely aware of, such as 'Art of Noise', 'Tangerine Dream' and '808 State'. Since I wouldn't have otherwise purchased their music, I think they're also worth a free listen. :)

The way I see it is that if you're trying to make money on a losing proposition, you're in the wrong business.

...I've heard that there are businesses out there selling (or that have sold) bottled tap water (while other businesses continue to degrade our streams, rivers and lakes... and while bottled-water bottles get tossed into landfills-- and everywhere else.) You can bet that, if my tap-water were to become, say sufficiently dubious, I'll be one of those to pirate the bottled spring-water outfits.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Warm Worm wrote in news:fgioiq$749$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

No reason to assume that. Lactose is in milk (hence the "lact-" part of the name, as in "lactation"). HTH!

The thing about getting stuff at X-Mart is that it's often the same stuff you pay more for in other stores. A half-gal of Low-Sodium V-8 is the same there as it is anywhere else, except it's between $1 and $2 less at WalMart.

It's not the fault of the X-Marts that major companies continually put less food into containers, use lower-quality components in foodstuffs, and pack foods prepared overseas (c.f. recent discover of melamine in both pet foods and human foods).

Look at teh lowly can of green beans, still a staple in many homes. I can remember when a can of green beans was a FULL can of green beans. Now, it's half, or 2/3 if you are really lucky, of green beans, and the rest is just salt water.

Everyone crabs about gasoline prices, and pays Zero attention to what is happening with everything else.

OTOH, the price of things such as fluorescent light bulbs has come down due to the mass-purchasing power of the X-Marts. Just imagine what might happen if WalMart started selling, say, portable/interchangeable solar panels!! IMO, it'd be great if there were portable units into which a person could plug standard devices. PArt of the annoyance of solar is not only the cost of the panels, but the wiring/non-pluggability/non- portability.

Just a thought...

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in news:F8HZi.1872$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

[ ... ]

I'm not sure what you mean by "game chickens", but when I'd volunteered at eh raptor rehab place, they had chickens running around the place. I really liked them - they just cracked me up, dunno why. There was a rooster which was not very large, but was very colorful, almost like some sort of cropss between a chicken and a wood duck. THer ewere a couple of

*large* light-brown hens. I don't remember them all, tho', because that was about 8 years ago. All I remember is that they cracked me up, and fi I was in a funk, I would get a lift by goign out an drunning around with them and feeding them.

I thought that a "pet" is basically just an animal you keep for enjoyment...? I guess msot peole think of "pet" as something one pets...? I dunno.

I also like quali. I don't think i am allowed to have any chickens here, but I think it'd also be cool to have quail; they crack me up, too ;)

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

THen you would prob get jumped on by the ASPCA, and sued by the "owners". Assuming you talked about itand they could trace who you are.

IMO, the "owners" should be treated like anyone who assaults someone with a weapon - AND finced etc. for animal cruelty. People know damn good and well when their dogs have been made vicious - because they often see to that themselves by abusing the animal =>:-p

Reply to
Kris Krieger

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Wal-Mart in paricular consistently pressures suppliers to cut prices by whatever means necessary. Additionally, the products in Wal-Mart are not always exactly the same as similar models of the same brand (for instance, Levi's makes jeans for Wal-Mart that are not up to the same quality standards of the jeans they sell elsewhere).

I think there are.

-Amy

Reply to
Amy Blankenship

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in news:l5M%i.1451$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net:

Wranglers seem to be the same (I don't go for Levi's because they tend to be cut too "skinny", so I can't say anything about those).

I personally haven't found brand names that seem to differ, when I buy brand names that is...

Maybe I just haven't gotten my search terms correct, then...have to re- try.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Amy Blankenship