Think I'm gonna install one of these puppies...

www.skystreamenergy.com/skystream/
The Skystream system is unique for being the first all-inclusive wind generator with controls and inverter built-in. Produces approximately 400 kWh per month in a 12 mph average wind speed.
They've come down to about $7 to10K fully installed. http://tinyurl.com/2japqm
For a home that is fully electric (appliances and heat) that's getting pretty affordable... payoff estimated to be about 5 years and providing that the power company allows Interconnection with the Utility, excess power can actually be sold back to the utility via net metering.
I like it all... we have an average wind speed of about 14-15mph in our valley :-)
Pierre Levesque wrote:

I've looked at the Skystream stuff... very nice, and decent looking, too.
In fact, I'm working through some preliminaries on my odd lot to see if I can't get one installed. Biggest issue is with the neighbors...we're in town and have zoning issues to deal with. But, since the world is gone "green" it might work as a "test" case. And, based on their numbers, I figure payback is in <5 years at our current rates. If that's the case, then it's certainly worth doing.