Sweet Home 3D

On occasion, there has been the odd person who has posted hereon with a request for an easy application with a low learning curve that might help them with some elements of home-design. While I haven't used this, and so am unsure exactly what it does, and while it doesn't replace a good architect or designer, I thought that it might be worth posting: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d / http://www.sweethome3d.eu /
There's even some kind of live online trial version too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?vwewmtNJOkc
(Sweet Home Alabama in stereo)
;D

Looks like you can import a 2d floorplan cad file, then move furniture templates around in the rooms. What sort of person has cad files but doesn't have cad? I drew most of my own furniture templates and downed some free ones.