Superinsulation

The term SUPERINSULATION I hear sometimes.
What classifies as SUPER-insulation? What R value for walls, attic, etc.?
Thank you very much.

Have you tried Google?

Good advice
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22super+insulation%22
The wiki definition is good in this case.

Yeah I get different things. I was just curious if an actual builder of architect would chime in with a some numbers.

Wikipedia seems so cover it.

Yeah I found some good stuff there thanks

The numbers would *still* depend on the location meaning the extreme summer and winter temps.
Jude Alexander wrote:

There are local regs. For example, I only have to achieve R13 where I live, but i haven't a clue where you live and your local permit office might have its own standards.If you don't fool with an existing property, sometimes you can get away with what's there. If you rennovate, you might have to meet code. And what code depends on where you live.

While all that's true, I don't think "Superinsulation" is a strictly defined term anywhere, or one that's codified.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca