Superinsulation

The term SUPERINSULATION I hear sometimes.

What classifies as SUPER-insulation? What R value for walls, attic, etc.?

Thank you very much.

Reply to
Karl

Have you tried Google?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Good advice

The wiki definition is good in this case.

Reply to
Jude Alexander

Yeah I get different things. I was just curious if an actual builder of architect would chime in with a some numbers.

Reply to
Karl

Wikipedia seems so cover it.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Yeah I found some good stuff there thanks

Reply to
Karl

The numbers would *still* depend on the location meaning the extreme summer and winter temps.

Reply to
Jude Alexander

There are local regs. For example, I only have to achieve R13 where I live, but i haven't a clue where you live and your local permit office might have its own standards.If you don't fool with an existing property, sometimes you can get away with what's there. If you rennovate, you might have to meet code. And what code depends on where you live.

Reply to
++

While all that's true, I don't think "Superinsulation" is a strictly defined term anywhere, or one that's codified.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich