steel sizes

Can anyone help me find out the section properties for American steel sizes? I need heights, depths, flange and web thicknesses and root radius to CAD them up unless someone could be even more helpful and tell me where I could get this info in CAD format.

As an aside, how come feet and inches are called English sizes when all our engineering is done in metric?

Reply to
Darryl Bailie

AutoCAD ADT has them built in...mostly. Otherwise, look for an ASD or LFRD design manual. They're available in any university library.

But you should really read the alt.architecture FAQ before posting this type of question.

Reply to
3D Peruna

You should search some of the ACad block libraries. This work has already been done and is available for free or a nominal download charge.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

I know the foot/inch system as Imperial, not English. If you change units in your CAD program, you'll see the Imperial designation.

RicodJour