Sort of interesting, given the recent traffic

http://web.media.mit.edu/~golder/projects/roles/golder_thesis.htm
( I think the question marks are supposed to be spaces...)
On 31 Oct 2007, Michael Bulatovich wrote

They also appear to have replaced apostrophes; makes it really difficult to read.
--
Cheers, Harvey
Architectural and topographical historian

NO?IT?DOESN?T? ; )
On 31 Oct 2007, Michael Bulatovich wrote

I wondered if it was an IE/Firefox rendering thing, but it doesn't appear to be; some non-standard character set used by the guy's college, is my bet.

Just great... I click on the link and IE "catches" an active X add-on called 'ietag.dll' that the page is trying to load.
just greeeeeat... I'm guessing that all those whacky characters that everyone is posting about is related to that.
Think I'm gonna read up on that site?
Hell no.
Sounds like some idiotic MS formatting gimmick. I'm using Mozilla so it comes up as question marks all over the place.

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

I checked out the page source and they're inserted as stupid characters at the source. After that, I lost interest.

But, what if one does not 'create an identity', but merely says what one honestly thinks...?

Depends on what you think, doesn't it? You're not going to abolish all cities, are you Kris? <finger trembling on the trigger of his own nuke>

I forgot what the original thread was about...IN a sense, one is self- creating, in another sense, one is not...ARRRGH, this i sstarting to make my head hurt.
Abolish all cities? Hell no <g!>. I like to *visit* cities, I just don't have the personality to live smack in the middle of LA or NYC.
No nuking necessary ;)