Slovenian architect Joze Plecnik

A new site dedicated to amazing architecture of Joze Plecnik: www.plecnik.net
Best, morphvs
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

pedestrian, a lot of them are churches but there is an interesting bridge) in which specific period of Plechnik? Josip Plechnik was a Slovene architect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joze_Plecnik

There's a strange sense of proportion at work here. Usually gutsy, often heavy handed, sometimes comically slender. Still, I'm glad to have made his acquaintance. I like the period a lot.
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

like the Parliament of Slovenia. He uses classical elements in sonetimes a comical way.
http://www.plecnik.net/index.php?mod=col&idD1&lan=en
Probably his most famous:
http://www.plecnik.net/index.php?mod=col&id !7&lan=en

Yeah. Check-out that column spacing. There must be a story there....
Woohoo!
When they ask me "who's yer fave?" I usually answer "Plecnik" and then they go away. Plecnik ROCKS!</fanboy>
Wish I had known about him last time I was in Ljubljana.
Not really my neck of the woods, but anybody else reminded of Wagner?
I'll have to remember to check out the Theory section next time I'm awake and available.
- g

Absolutely, but not as well proportioned, IMHO.

It says he worked fro/studied with him IIRC.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca