Slovenian architect Joze Plecnik

A new site dedicated to amazing architecture of Joze Plecnik:

Best, morphvs

Reply to
aiwaz.net

What do you like about what specific buildings (some of them are pedestrian, a lot of them are churches but there is an interesting bridge) in which specific period of Plechnik? Josip Plechnik was a Slovene architect

++

There's a strange sense of proportion at work here. Usually gutsy, often heavy handed, sometimes comically slender. Still, I'm glad to have made his acquaintance. I like the period a lot.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I like him, too, and some of his unrealized projects were interesting like the Parliament of Slovenia. He uses classical elements in sonetimes a comical way.

Probably his most famous:

++

Yeah. Check-out that column spacing. There must be a story there....

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Woohoo!

When they ask me "who's yer fave?" I usually answer "Plecnik" and then they go away. Plecnik ROCKS!

Wish I had known about him last time I was in Ljubljana.

Not really my neck of the woods, but anybody else reminded of Wagner?

I'll have to remember to check out the Theory section next time I'm awake and available.

- g

Reply to
gruhn

Absolutely, but not as well proportioned, IMHO.

It says he worked fro/studied with him IIRC.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich