Rich vs Poor

Difference between having money -- which equals freedom and power -- and not having money, freedom, or power:
1. Rich people believe "I create my life." Poor people believe, "Life happens to me."
2. Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
3. Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.
4. Rich people think big. Poor people think small.
5. Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
6. Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
7. Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.
8. Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
9. Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
10. Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
11. Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
12. Rich people think "both." Poor people think "either/or."
13. Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
14. Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
15. Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
16. Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
17. Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.
18. Rich people don't spend their time babbling in newsgroups.

clintonG wrote:

Let's us know which group you think you're in, doesn't it?
Let's = Let us You meant "Lets us"
Oppps. Don't be too smart unless all of yours grammers is coooor-rect!
3D Peruna wrote:

Been awhile since a spelling troll descended on the group....... BTW: Oppps???

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote in

Huh??
"Let's" is, as noted, a *contraction* for "let us". "Lets" is, *IIRC*, a colloquialism sometimes used (in Canada and Britain) sor "sublets" or "rentals".
"Lets us" is your own invention.
HEY! I PUT IN AN APOSTROPHE WHERE IT DIDN'T BELONG!
(Actually, I wrote it as most people would speak it, damn the grammar. Most people, in conversation, would have said "Lets us know...". Fingers got a head of the brain and hit the send button before reading it. Old ClintonG has got some issues...)

<snip aphorisms>
OK. I've been mulling this one over, and it doesn't smell right.
Saddam was worth billions, and then there's all the underlying arguments...Freedom from what? Power to do what? It's too easy, and sounds like a cheer for global capital: Gimme a G! Gimme another G! Gimme another one! What have you got? Freedom? No. 3 G's.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Power. NOT abuse of power.
and then there's all the underlying

Make that *individual* capital. (I don't really care about anyone else, thats their problem) If you don't think money provides power try doing without it sometime.
Money = exchange value. Money can be anything.

Still he had billions, and still hung.

Not really. Not always.

He was a thug and thugs get their just due, regardless of money.

The above sentence is the qualifier.

Yep, always.

But if money equals freedom....?

Where can I buy wisdom. I've always wanted that. Oh, and talent. You can never have enough talent.

I'm not sure what you're arguing. There will always be a BIGGER thug. People will always find things to exchange.