Rendering or Walk-through. What is better?

Rendering or Walk-through. What is better to show the project to the clients?
Pippo wrote:

Good design presentation skills. Back in my younger days, I dreamed of giving each client a fantastic walk-thru of the project. I've got the skills to make them and do them. After working for many years, it's not worth it. They don't see what you want them to see and fixate on the the things that don't matter at that stage.
A decent set of perspectives, rough them out in sketchup and then trace over them, is more than good enough. Heck 90% of the time, sketchup on "sketchy" mode is more than good enough.
The trick is to give them enough to understand but not enough to nit-pick.

Realtime virtual reality. Let the clients do the walking and rendering. Per-object rendering walkthough per client-click.