Rednecks

Yikes. Why does everyone seem to assume I want to combine them?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

It souldn't make you uncomfortable. I like village people and village wisdom

I sing songs from the lower Don

and of course, am not Canadien

Reply to
++

Cancel a past through an nntp reader. I use Thunderbird, which is free and an nntp service.

Why does a culture have to be sacred to be worthy of preservation. I can't think of any culture without some cultural artifact or person unworthy of of its preservation. I'm in favor of helpng languages live instead of be eclipsed and die, traditional arts being taught to even one more generation, dances being learned and enjoyed, etc. I don't think that cultures need be genetic.

Absurdity is a part of the human condition. So is its opposite.

No, I mean not defining the work one does as necessarily by one's hands, and as not necessarily rough enough to not allow one fingernail to grow free..

There is a real living so-called redneck culture in which all men in it grow one fingernail super long, most of the men do pre-18thc. English country dancing. the first aspect of this little culture could be expected, as just another one of those strange readneck things, the second aspect not so expected.

in otherwise apparently low value cultural groups.

evidently the last half of the sentence disappeared

Reply to
++

"The Maple Leaf Forever"?

Michael Bulatovich

Didn't know you could do that. So if I were to use another reader and go to the group, that message would no longer be on the server?

Sacred is just hyperbole. I've got nothing against languages and arts, but I do with ignorance and hatred. If those are defining components of a 'culture' or 'way of life', then I have no problem if it were to perish. IOW, they're not all worth saving, especially the ones that are trying to destroy yours. If it's going to be a zero-sum, I'll take the sum.

Similar intent.

Any links? It's not Morris dancing you're citing, is it?

That changes everything.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

even a local group:
hmm, Rostov na Donu, where to find a weblink?.....heh...webcam...yes

++

++

Depends on how quickly it went into cache from someone viewing it (cf. Google cache) and whether that cache was...cached.

There are a few destructive cultures about, but sometimes only temporarily...in that case, why destroy any culture.

Actually, a lot of customs worldwide are related to other customs. The Roman Calends as translated into present day secularized religious festivalsin Roumania from centures ago.

nO, MOrris dances are a different dance tradition in the same cultures. In the 17th century were they called Morris dances? Or Mayday dances? They are one kind, also surviving in many countries with the same elements

The literature is large, and growing:

Another musi9c group from the lower Don:

++

A lot of dancing is related. Here is an example of something related to English Morris dancing:

++

That's a Don of a different color.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

You mean the user's local cache, or that on the server?

I might beg to differ. Depending on who you are, any culture can be deemed 'destructive'. Ask Don about his liberal democracy. If it comes down to a culture that's dedicated to eradicaing yours, or enslaving yours, you will take it as destructive. It's a matter of perspedtive, I think.

A more interesting question, and one that spawned this discussion, is what kind of grouping deserves the treatment of a 'culture' that's worth 'preserving'. We were talking about rednecks. Because of their ignorance and powerlessness, they're unlikely to do great harm to their host civilization. (Ask a southern black and your likely to get a less benign evaluation.) If they were completely harmless, I'd have to agree with you....let'em live. The question is, are they? If they are cute cuddly harmless little rednecks, what about the more overtly violent racist skinheads and the Klan? Do we preserve their 'way of life' or spray them like bugs? Later you can ask similar questions about radical Islamists, or whatever the PC name for people who blow up innocent civilians for 72 virgins in heaven. (BTW, I've always wondered, are those virgins fully covered up there? They might want to check the brochure.)

I'm not sure. The root of the appelation 'Morris' seems to be subject to endless speculation.

I forgot the obvious 'squares'. Looks like fun. I did Serbian folk dancing as a kid. It was loads of fun. I still like that propulsive 6/8 rythym.

That site would be dynamite with some mp3 links!

That's the 'Wrong Don'. My Don spawned, among others,

down your speakers first) The official list:

Michael Bulatovich

Precisely, and that was the original joke.

Reply to
++

For something that is now inaccessible to be "in cache", it has to be archived by someone , somewhere. For example, Google suggests that it goes around the internet randomly and caches parts of it so that when you do a search on Google, you can often choose the cached version. Heree is the Google groups totally cached version of this discussion. Only one cancelled post ended up out of Google's cache:

and

Or who destructively gets to decide.

Who are as often good ole boy lawyers and bankers as "rednecks"...

"radical Islamist" is a recent term thought up by people who would like to conveniently confuse complex issues with simplistic names.

might want to check the brochure.)

Everyone has their singular ideal of paradise. What's yours?

It is, indeed fun. And i remember one time French country dancing was being done at some Smithsonian event. It was very similar.

Prefer Macedonian 7/9

I know. It was supposed to go along with your joke of the Village people .

Reply to
++

That's what I thought. If you use Google for newsgroups, Google may allow you the priviledge of yanking a post, but I don't think most other newsgroup servers will. IOW, it may disappear from Google, but not from the Usenet.

Agreed.

Agreed, unless a lawyer/banker can be a redneck too.

Laissez-faire clients and an 18% fee structure.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Actually, I don't know how to use Google to post on newsgroups, and I doubt you can cancel posts there. You could through its predecessor that it bought, Dejanews. The Usenet can indeed pull posts, but like I said it is what archived them on the www that counts. Now there are literally hundreds of archiving groups besides Google.

You can get that design build.... Actually, laissez -faire clients tend to come back to haunt you with more work since they tend to expect you to execute their laizzez-faire change orders while they evolve or devolve in defining what it is they expected of you anyway.

Reply to
++

LOL

Reply to
Warm Worm
++ wrote in news:KeidncP0pZyHPPXbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

Russkaya musika, woo-hoo! :)

Reply to
Kris Krieger

eh, somebody almost got it. Actually, I do a lot of Russian music but I was referring to Cossack music. Whether Cossacks are RUssians is a matter of opinion. Certainly, they have always been multiethnic since they were considered as Cossacks.

Reply to
++
++ wrote in news:2NadnW5Crfl2cQPbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

OK, thanks :) !

I haven't used my Russian for so long, since '91 really, so I'm forgetting almost all of it =:-(

Reply to
Kris Krieger