Rednecks

Page 2 of 2
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Depends on how quickly it went into cache from someone viewing it (cf. Google cache) and whether that cache was...cached.

There are a few destructive cultures about, but sometimes only temporarily...in that case, why destroy any culture.

Actually, a lot of customs worldwide are related to other customs. The Roman Calends as translated into present day secularized religious festivalsin Roumania from centures ago.

nO, MOrris dances are a different dance tradition in the same cultures. In the 17th century were they called Morris dances? Or Mayday dances? They are one kind, also surviving in many countries with the same elements
http://witcombe.sbc.edu/earthmysteries/EMmorris.html http://www.cdss.org /
The literature is large, and growing: http://www.colonialdancing.org/Easmes/Intro.htm
Another musi9c group from the lower Don: http://www.kvartet.4mg.com /

You mean the user's local cache, or that on the server?

I might beg to differ. Depending on who you are, any culture can be deemed 'destructive'. Ask Don about his liberal democracy. If it comes down to a culture that's dedicated to eradicaing yours, or enslaving yours, you will take it as destructive. It's a matter of perspedtive, I think.
A more interesting question, and one that spawned this discussion, is what kind of grouping deserves the treatment of a 'culture' that's worth 'preserving'. We were talking about rednecks. Because of their ignorance and powerlessness, they're unlikely to do great harm to their host civilization. (Ask a southern black and your likely to get a less benign evaluation.) If they were completely harmless, I'd have to agree with you....let'em live. The question is, are they? If they are cute cuddly harmless little rednecks, what about the more overtly violent racist skinheads and the Klan? Do we preserve their 'way of life' or spray them like bugs? Later you can ask similar questions about radical Islamists, or whatever the PC name for people who blow up innocent civilians for 72 virgins in heaven. (BTW, I've always wondered, are those virgins fully covered up there? They might want to check the brochure.)

I'm not sure. The root of the appelation 'Morris' seems to be subject to endless speculation.

I forgot the obvious 'squares'. Looks like fun. I did Serbian folk dancing as a kid. It was loads of fun. I still like that propulsive 6/8 rythym.

That site would be dynamite with some mp3 links!

That's the 'Wrong Don'. My Don spawned, among others, http://www.rush.com/v4H.html (Turn down your speakers first) The official list: http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_facts/famous_arts_entertainers.htm
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

For something that is now inaccessible to be "in cache", it has to be archived by someone , somewhere. For example, Google suggests that it goes around the internet randomly and caches parts of it so that when you do a search on Google, you can often choose the cached version. Heree is the Google groups totally cached version of this discussion. Only one cancelled post ended up out of Google's cache:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.architecture/browse_thread/thread/56cb7b6a97520dc2/3a6e0ca4ecaf733c?hl=en#3a6e0ca4ecaf733c
and
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.architecture/browse_thread/thread/56cb7b6a97520dc2/1416dadf42c7f2df?hl=en &

Or who destructively gets to decide.

Who are as often good ole boy lawyers and bankers as "rednecks"...

"radical Islamist" is a recent term thought up by people who would like to conveniently confuse complex issues with simplistic names.

It is, indeed fun. And i remember one time French country dancing was being done at some Smithsonian event. It was very similar.

That's what I thought. If you use Google for newsgroups, Google may allow you the priviledge of yanking a post, but I don't think most other newsgroup servers will. IOW, it may disappear from Google, but not from the Usenet.

Agreed.
Agreed, unless a lawyer/banker can be a redneck too.

Laissez-faire clients and an 18% fee structure.
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Actually, I don't know how to use Google to post on newsgroups, and I doubt you can cancel posts there. You could through its predecessor that it bought, Dejanews. The Usenet can indeed pull posts, but like I said it is what archived them on the www that counts. Now there are literally hundreds of archiving groups besides Google.

You can get that design build.... Actually, laissez -faire clients tend to come back to haunt you with more work since they tend to expect you to execute their laizzez-faire change orders while they evolve or devolve in defining what it is they expected of you anyway.

LOL
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

English Morris dancing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C4%83lu%C5%9Fari
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/32cgov
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

          Michael Bulatovich      View profile <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=OH-pwBIAAABYhSy8LEKwoY7ZOdomRJUWpbyajUBv9M9XLUB2gqkZmQ&hl=en
     More options Jan 4 1997, 4:00 am
Newsgroups: *alt.beograd* From: *"Michael Bulatovich" <bulatov...
Date: *1997/01/04* Subject: *Bulatovich, Architect, seeks same in Belgrade* <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.beograd/post?hl=en&inreplyto8a816dfe69e8312&reply_to=author&_done=%2Fgroup%2Falt.beograd%2Fbrowse_thread%2Fthread%2F4532cecf9af7a7f8%2F38a816dfe69e8312%3Flnk%3Dst%26q%3D%2522Bulatovic%2522%2Band%2Barchitect%26rnum%3D1%26hl%3Den%26& <http://groups.google.com/groups/search?enc_author=OH-pwBIAAABYhSy8LEKwoY7ZOdomRJUWpbyajUBv9M9XLUB2gqkZmQ&scoring=d&hl=en Does anyone know how I might contact a long lost first cousin who attended the Architectural Faculty in Belgrade? I don't know her first name, or age, but I do believe she attended the Faculty in the 1970's. Her mother or father was the offspring of Radovan *Bulatovic* from some small 'celo' in Montenegro, and the brother or sister of my father, (Pop) Uros *Bulatovic* who emigrated to Canada after WWII. I have also trained as an *Architect* in Canada and am curious of what else we may have in common. I would appreciate any leads.
--
Yours Truly,
Michael Bulatovich
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

My apologies. I was careless in my reading and missed "newsgroup."
Maybe there are some active white supremacist oriented newsgroups that will give you the contact with rednecks that you are looking for. :)
The "letters" section of the local small-town rag shows that traditional redneckism is alive and well here.
Players for the Toronto Maple Leafs seem to be attracted to this area. Just look for the huge, turreted, "classy" estates in the middle of barren former farm fields. Proof that someone can be a multi-millionaire and a redneck all at the same time.
Those trailer park residents should just understand that unlike another strip-mall that is anchored by a Tim Horton's (with a drive through, please) or a Dollarama, their homes simply aren't the "best and highest use" of that land.
Richard Pollock wrote:

up on blocks. As for use, what's wrong with nomds?

S' OK.

We needed proof? ; )
The word "classy" is a funny kind of shibboleth. I picture it in a sparkling graphic ironed on to a fringed jersey belly top with colored beads suspended from each piece of fringe....It's one of those words that can almost only be used with supreme naivety or supreme irony.

Yeah, but that's asking quite a bit of people who may average less than a high school education, and have considerable self-interest in seeing the status quo persist. If I were them, I'd play the pity card too. At least they aren't armed.
(Sounds like you've heard of the OMB.)
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

http://www.citymayors.com/interviews/mississauga_interview.html ) and many members of the Mississauga City council actually register higher on the redneck-o-meter than most of those trailer park residents.

You may be right. McCallion's miracle may be coming to an end along with all those development charges. Do you know they're talking about charging for *parking* now? I used to be able to park in front of their city hall for free...

...BTW, did you know she still plays hockey?
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

If you want a site that combines rednecks with architecture, try this one:
http://www.missouritrailertrash.com /
--
Dennis

says...

Yikes. Why does everyone seem to assume I want to combine them?