Re: Would something like this work...?

There is a program called "Pepakura" that will take a model in *.OBJ format and project it into a form that can be printed, then cut out and assembled. But the model has to be fairly "clean" (no inverted faces for example), and broken down into parts - for example, I thought it might be an idea to do this with the design for a table I'm working on, since some of the parts are cut at (and cut into at) odd angles. But the model had to be all in parts - top, each leg separately, each rung separately, and so on - and each part projected and saved/printed separately.
HTH
- KMK

--
- Kris M. Krieger