Re: Sprinklers

wrote:

Rural homes need fire suppression far worse than urban homes, since volunteer fire departments are rated only ISO 5/9, with the 9 for houses not near urban water supplies. Insurance companies these days are starting to ask that expensive McMansion built in rural areas have sprinkers.

yup............time to add a pond to the project!

guess
Actually I based my comment on an actual incident from Missouri I heard about from a fire station there while visiting. The company DID want sprinklers.

Ummmm, around here we have that. They put a pipe into the pond and run it underground to up near the road. Then fire companies have better access to water (especially in winter) to fill their tankers.
--

Also, in NC the local fire station has a 1,000 gallon tank at the end of
the driveway with a traditional fire plug over it. So far they have not had