Re: Slate Roof & Gutters

I have a slate roof/gutter question. Does anyone know if the gutter

>hangers that are secured under the slates and hang out below the roof to >support half-round gutters can be replaced without replacing the slates? > >The reason I ask is that I am considering changing out my older >galvinized half-round gutters with copper gutters, but to do so, I need >to install new hangers. I can't use the old steel hangers with copper >gutters...... > >Thanks in advance for any ideas... > >Rob

Your best bet is to use a different style of copper hanger. There are a few types, depending on whether or not you have a flat fascia, or molding. You screw a bracket to what you have, bolt a shank to that bracket, and then bolt a half-round hanger to the shank. They are adjustable and work well. The under-slate hangers are a pain, and you do have to replace slate to put new ones in.

Reply to
swivel