Re: Q & A = Fuel

In alt.architecture , Don wrote :

Not far away I expect, at $1.30/l is $5.20 now and in a week and a half I have a 5000km trip to drive !!

We're gonna circle Alberta and keep that gas in Canada !! :-) Sorry but no softwood,no beef = no gas.
ron
PS for on topic, I think this tempest is going to start some inflation and slow house construction sooner than we thought just weeks ago.
In alt.architecture , Don wrote :

Not far away I expect, at $1.30/l is $5.20 now and in a week and a half I have a 5000km trip to drive !!

We're gonna circle Alberta and keep that gas in Canada !! :-) Sorry but no softwood,no beef = no gas.
ron
PS for on topic, I think this tempest is going to start some inflation and slow house construction sooner than we thought just weeks ago.
Don wrote:

How would I deal with a fuel crisis?
Easy.
I like to think I'm doing a good job in day to day life when it comes to gas.
I live about 3 miles from work.
I drive one of the smallest cars on the road.
Right now, when everyone's saying 'fuel crisis,' and oil markets are topsy-turvy, my approach is to wait it out. We just don't know what the status of the oil infrastructure in the Gulf Coast is. We know it was damaged, but how bad? What's it going to take to bring oil refineries back online? Are the pipelines OK? In a couple of weeks, when we've answered these questions, things will level off. Then I'll fill my car.
If you remember something similar happened to the stock markets after 9-11 in 2001. The Dow had a single day loss of nearly 700 points - the biggest in history. After a few days of roller coaster stock prices, things leveled off. After a while the markets had recouperated much of their value.
And if fuel prices don't level off by the time the fuel light on my dash comes on? Or if artificial price caps cause 1973 style shortages and rationing?
Then I grease up the ole' Ralleigh and use that. My boss'll just have to deal with my showing up to work in shorts and sweaty. Hey, he'll probably be happy that I'm there at all - my coworkers who live way out in the 'burbs probably won't be, at least not 40 hours a week.
Adam Weiss wrote:

Vernon BC, in the Okanagan Valley Today... reg unleaded self serve $can 1.17/liter. US gal = 3.78 liters. $can = $US 0.83.
Aboot US$3.72/US gal. eh, sucks mostly taxes.
No wait, good luck guys, will mail gasoline. Ken