Re: New WTC Replacement: A Concrete Bunker For "Freedom"

Don wrote:

I understand that Stanley just came out with a 2000' tape measure.
Notan

Ya havta wonder what kind of major corporation would want to put their headquarters or office in the terrorists crosshairs (and pay the extra-high insurance the whole time). Maybe Team America will take up residence...
FUCK YEAH!
PS Would you give up your dreams to save freedom?

Sorry - my attempt (which failed) at a joke based upon the film "TEAM AMERICA" - at one point a character is considering joining Team America (a jingoistic "anti-terror-pro-freedom" group) and he goes about the different monuments of Washington DC while playing in the background is this country-style song which starts with "Would you give up your dreams, to save freedom"? Oh, when Team America attacks terrorists (in the process they destroy the Eiffel Tower, The great Pyramids and other historic landmarks) they play a gingoistic song that goes something like the following America - FUCK YEAH We're gonna fight for your MOTHERFUKIN FREEDOM The film is very funny in parts, in other parts so offensive that even I had to skip the scene.

Marionettes. From the creative geniuses behind the only good show on the telly*.
* Unless it's gone downhill in the past few seasons since I've seen it.

1) Seems like meaningless symbolism 2) They can always adjust the flagpole at the top or something.
It's all rather silly.
Don wrote:

Belt?
Hell, it's strapped to a 2.5 HP engine, necessary to get it from jobsite to jobsite!
Notan

Maybe - "They draw it that way."

<snort of derision>
What tie have I to it that it can _betray_ me?
It ain't mine. I ain't its. We haven't entered into contract. We have made each other no binding promises. We have made each other no promises.
Anybody who would tie themselves up in somebody else's generic stupid skyscraper development project in NYC, in particular a project with as VAST an overburden (e.g. people who might wallow around in self imposed feelings of betrayal over the design) as that one has, to the point of possibly feeling betrayal at how that project should procede may do well to consider themselves betrayed by their own minds.
"But you snipped all my reeeeeeeasons...."
So? They were hardly relevant.