Re: New WTC Replacement: A Concrete Bunker For "Freedom"

> "Steven L."> wrote > > On top will be an elaborate metal spire that is 408 feet tall. The three > > elements together will reach a height of 1,776 feet. > > Is that 1776 feet above sea level, or 1776 feet from the top of the > threshold at the front door? > How do they measure something accurately that tall, do they just estimate, > or use a laser or a satellite or something?

I understand that Stanley just came out with a 2000' tape measure.

Notan

Reply to
Notan

Ya havta wonder what kind of major corporation would want to put their headquarters or office in the terrorists crosshairs (and pay the extra-high insurance the whole time). Maybe Team America will take up residence...

FUCK YEAH!

PS Would you give up your dreams to save freedom?

Reply to
abracadabra

1) Seems like meaningless symbolism 2) They can always adjust the flagpole at the top or something.

It's all rather silly.

Reply to
abracadabra

Belt?

Hell, it's strapped to a 2.5 HP engine, necessary to get it from jobsite to jobsite!

Notan

Reply to
Notan

Sorry - my attempt (which failed) at a joke based upon the film "TEAM AMERICA" - at one point a character is considering joining Team America (a jingoistic "anti-terror-pro-freedom" group) and he goes about the different monuments of Washington DC while playing in the background is this country-style song which starts with "Would you give up your dreams, to save freedom"? Oh, when Team America attacks terrorists (in the process they destroy the Eiffel Tower, The great Pyramids and other historic landmarks) they play a gingoistic song that goes something like the following America - FUCK YEAH We're gonna fight for your MOTHERFUKIN FREEDOM The film is very funny in parts, in other parts so offensive that even I had to skip the scene.

Reply to
abracadabra

Maybe - "They draw it that way."

Reply to
gruhn

What tie have I to it that it can _betray_ me?

It ain't mine. I ain't its. We haven't entered into contract. We have made each other no binding promises. We have made each other no promises.

Anybody who would tie themselves up in somebody else's generic stupid skyscraper development project in NYC, in particular a project with as VAST an overburden (e.g. people who might wallow around in self imposed feelings of betrayal over the design) as that one has, to the point of possibly feeling betrayal at how that project should procede may do well to consider themselves betrayed by their own minds.

"But you snipped all my reeeeeeeasons...."

So? They were hardly relevant.

Reply to
gruhn

Marionettes. From the creative geniuses behind the only good show on the telly*.

  • Unless it's gone downhill in the past few seasons since I've seen it.
Reply to
gruhn