Re: Is 'looking like a home', a good thang?

Duck or decorated shed argument redux

So, what about Wallyworlds (Wal-Marts) in your area? Any of those exist, in your town? If they don't like the "big box" of Lowe's and HD, then they couldn't possibly like them either, right?
In the county I live in, there are 6 Super Wally's operating, and 4 old Wallyboxes sitting empty. Big empty boxes, taking up space, creating $0.00 tax revenue.
Don wrote:

At times, there's nothing wrong with that...
Want good cell phone reception? Want a tower in your backyard?
Notan

Not true........there is still a substantial property tax that is being paid. Often, the big boxes will hodl onto their empty spaces....paying rent, rather than let a competitor move in.

Because it's what the planner thought of this week. These people, as a class, are obscene morons.

You are being too polite :-)

I've been trying to cut back on letting too much truth out at once.

http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2005/25.html
Sorry Don, I know how much you hate that word. I suppose your noticed the anti sprawl also. I too prosper from the big box and new developments however the facts are the facts. Quality of life and also buildings seem to be the last thought on anyone's mind these days. What a shame.

What are the requirements to become a city planner? I have no idea, so I'm just asking because it's astounding how ridiculous some of these people seem to be.
You don't make a Lowe's look "like a home" (and whose home, what style of home, since some homes are just plain old butt-ugly), you make it look like a well-designed commercial building. Seems like a no-brainer to me...but hey, what do I know, I'm not a city planner...
--
- Kris M. Krieger