Re: Ike passed, power back on here

wrote:

[SNIP]
Holy cow!!
Yeah, this storm was so dang huge taht it maintained its strength all the way up the continent. It workd for us, in that it was too big to be able to spin much faster, but that meant it also lost energy much more slowly :(
I hope your place wasn't damaged.
Hey, I noticed that your area is going to do a wind power study. I'm interested in renewables, let me know how it turns out.
[snip]

Are they as loud as some folks say? I've heard NIMBYs complain that "wind turbines aer too loud".
Any thoughts...?
Are vertical "PcWind" type turbines as loud?

"wind
INO, the whole "aeolian" thing is interesting. Audio is important.
I have modest-sized clumping bamboos and tall grasses in the yard for the same "pleasnat sound" reason. (They also came through Ike looking jsut fine.)

Oops I means "PacWind".

Hah! ;)
[snip]

I'm glad to know he and his family are OK. THis was an amazing storm; the local news is, of course, almost all about Galveston/Houston, btu CNN has been running stories about the devastation eslewhere. It's terrible.
OTOH, given his good ideas re: designing and building storm-resistant houses, maybe DOn will see an increase in business? It might be good for him to emphasize that and put it into his website's Meat tags as well...