Re: I think its pretty stupid that

I think its pretty stupid that autocad won't let you use transparent

>commands while in hatch mode. > > For example, if you have to hatch alot of small stuff over a large area > and need to zoom in and then back out, but can't. > > Even stupider is when you try to hatch alot of stuff while zoomed out and > it sends an error cause its not clearly defining what your hatching, even > though its clear as a bell on the screen. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ >

Do you not have a mouse with a scroll wheel Don? You can zoom pretty much anytime with the scroll wheel no matter what command you are in.

What I do when I need to hatch a lot of small stuff over a small area is to zoom out so you can see all the places you need to hatch, and then hatch at least one spot. Then you can zoom in with the mouse wheel and you can hatch anything zoomed in even though it is off-screen, because it took the hatch outline from the first zoomed out view.

Reply to
Edgar

If by limits you mean the ability to scroll even when the Z enter doesn't work, then yes.

If by limits you mean the limits of what you are hathcing, then no it still recognizes the limits from where you clicked the first hatch (like if you were to try and hatch something zoomed in it doesn't work because the limits go offscreen). So you need to zoom all the way out and try and hatch one of them tiny pads, then you can zoom in and out and hatch the whole thing easily (using the scroll wheel of course). The whole hatch command is based on what is on screen when you first invoke the command. After that it doesn't care where you hatch as long as it has a closed space to fill, so the scroll wheel zoom helps immensly. I agree it is pretty dumb to not be able to zoom with z enter while in hatch mode.

Consequently, when using the scroll wheel to zoom you will find the limits of the zoom constantly, and when it does that (it will say already zoomed out as far as possible) you just need to do a regenall to be able to keep zooming. Also, mess around with the variable to make it zoom faster or slower per your own needs. I have mine zoom in pretty quick so I can get to what I need quickly.

Reply to
Edgar